Kicker comp vr

Username: 2002civiclx2002

Evanston, Wyoming Usa

Post Number: 1
first post, tried to search but did not pull up any threads at all. but i am currently shopping around to upgrade my sound system. right now i have a cheap system. 800 total with 2 yr warranty and instalation from circuit city. i was 17 so my mom made the rules on it. anyways, im 18 now and can do what i please with my car. i am looking to buy 2 kicker comp vr 12's and a mtx 1000w amp. i will be running a sealed box, any input on this setup, or a better options? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Mi, Mi Unitd states

Post Number: 384
u could do much better on the sub choice.. whats ur budget and what are you looking for.. sql,sq, or spl?

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 115
ya ive always had kickers,and the cvr's dont sound that good to me.dont go sealed if you get them,they wont be loud at all.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 185
CVR's are good sealed box woofers.

But, ported will be vastly superior as long as you get a custom box.. and not a fleabay special.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 434
and for $800 you can get a lot better than CVRs

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 366
I agree, CVRs sound great in a sealed box, but I'd say they can get louder if they were in a ported box. Great budget sub, hard to beat.

Username: 2002civiclx2002

Evanston, Wyoming Usa

Post Number: 2
so what would you guys suggest on the subs then? and i also have the option of getting a 1500W amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us