Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1490
topic says it all lol

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6052
I couldnt find 1" MDF. And I would have to special order the other stuff. Could i just doube up the baffle with 3/4's?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1495
Lol i though i said 3\4 was fine lol. all i said i would still want to be 1inch is the top that hold the subs in place preferably birch\oak just because of how strong it is.. and how much tighter my screws will go into the box without ripping the wood to pieces like old mdf boxes i had. What would you have to special order? do u got AIM?

Gold Member

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6054
I would have to special order the birch and oak..I dont know why they didnt have it. lol well drill a hole before you screw your subs in.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1497
lol i do but they just strip out over time from all the bass and bumps and stuff.. are u serious they dont have it..? They have it at my local menards... :-( hmmm well maybe i wont have the problem with the subs firing up.. but i know when they were firing rear in mdf boxes with 50lb+ subs.. they ripped out alll the time.. but if it wont have the problem firing up.. i guess im good with it...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3342
um duhh use T-nuts

Gold Member

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6069
did you have DJ redesign it? I think im just gonna ship the box. It will save you a 6 hour trip.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 180
ive never seen 1" anything at a hardware store/lumber yard... but thats just me :-)

not much demand... its generally more expensive than just laminating 2 .75" panels.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1503
No i havnt yet logan, i have been kind of busy. If it will all be 3\4in. thought, i guess i can do it myself its a fairly simple formula.... 16sq of port for every 1ft cu. space.. the Port length will stay the same.I really dont want to bug DJ anymore he helped alot, im sure it took a hour or so of his time..maybe less? Lol Ill try to get this done tonight and send u the moded diagram..(just changing numbers on it lol)

BTW do u think my subs will bottom out in that big of a box... i wouldnt think so because its within DD specs... but also double the power...

about 5-6cu ft per sub after displacement tuned to 40hz with 3Krms to each...

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 503
i used 1 inch MDF for my box all the way around and doubled on top, box turned out really sturdy and nice

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1524
i bet trey.. you can park a car on my box and jump on it hhaha... i dropped it when i tried taking it out the ride by myself... no damage what so ever... and that was with 80lbs of subwoofers in it.. lol only 2 ft drop but still... no damage.. just a tiny lil scuff mark

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1526
what would shipping run on that box? 6hr trip = 3hr trip if u mapquested lol... my e-way\highwway driving is gunna get my license one day... or blow my engine...

Gold Member

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6098
It wouldnt be as much as you think. I get a deal cuz i shipped so many packages with ups.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1537
even with those dimensions\weight? I was thinking you would need frieght lol nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us