What do you guys have your JL in??

Bronze Member
Username: Kujo

Post Number: 37
Alright soo this is kinda another one of those "which box should i go with... blah blah" things, but I'm stuck on wut to do for my JL W6. I've heard my sub in both sealed and ported but only bad thing was neither were to right specs and neither gave me the best sound. Soo, Im tryin to decided on one of two things.. Should I build a nice slot port box from the specs on JL's site, or build a sealed custom molded fiberglass box using the recomended airspace from JL??

Pretty much I would like to know what are all you JL owners goin with? Sealed or ported?? All oppionions/ideas/comments welcome!

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 693
What are you trying to get out of the sub? Do you want it to sound really good and thats it or do you just want it to get loud while sacrificing some of the sound quality?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I listen to a variety of music so I want it to be able to get loud, but still sound god. Its always fun to be able to kick back n rattle ur brain for a bit while listenin to rap... but I still would like to be able to listen to other music like country and still have it sound good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
I listen to a variety of music so I want it to be able to get loud, but still sound good. Its always fun to be able to kick back n rattle ur brain for a bit while listenin to rap... but I still would like to be able to listen to other music like country and still have it sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 695
I would say build a nice ported box then and tune it to around 30 hz. Will sound good and still get louder than sealed.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2024
I have mine in a spec ported box. Sounds good. But I may go bigger, Or just get another Dub 12. It doesnt hit as hard as my L7 did, but it sounds 100 times better, One recommend is 1.75 tuned to 32hz. Im not sure what the JL spec box is, but Im sure its smaller then that.

JL box Vs L7 box.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11548
everytime i see the flame box...i still smile

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10766
me too ^^^^ - lol .......