What size fi sub - 10 or 12

Username: Mmb2

Post Number: 1
i have a 06 4 dr f150 i am putting a box under the rear seat, the box is right at 3cu ft all 1 chamber, should i use 2 12" fi Q's in a sealed 1 chamber or 2 10" Q's in a ported 2 chamber box (1.5 cu ft per sub)

i want deep base, i dont want it to sound hollow, any comments would be great, i am running 2000 wrms mono amp, box is roughly 51"w, 14"d, 9" tall

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thelonegunman

C-Bang, Iowa USA

Post Number: 32
if you are think about going with 2 12" you might as well go with a 15" ssd dual 2 ohm + a flat find coil.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1701
Go with the 2 10's and port them LOW. Sealed boxes just won't get you that deep bass like ported.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Imortal Box Building

Post Number: 6042
9" tall? I think thats to shallow for any FI sub.

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1010
x2 with logan. way to shallow if im correct and i have a ssd

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1492
If the sub does happen to fit but has almost no space left from the motor and the bottom of the box.. and the motor\magnet has a cooling hole in the center of it.... your going to make the sub sound different then it should from restricting some of the air flow... its like listening to a sub in free air.... sitting on the motor playing then holding it up playing... big sound difference if it has that cooling hole... its just like a port in a way.. stuff cant be to close to it or it restricts the flow... and id say 10's in that little space.. and make it deeper if you can.. or you can look into some shallow mount subs.. but i dont really know how good\loud any of those really are..

Username: Mmb2

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your help i am going to try the 10's, from FI's site it says the 10" has a 6.5" mounting depth so that should leave 2" of room,

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545db7716c66e3/shopdata/0020_Q/product_overview.shopscript

i guess we will try it and see, i am using 2.5" seat lifters maybe i will switch to 4"

Thanks again for the help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us