Chad... Epicenter

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1109
Got it in 2 days ago and installed it immediately. to tell you the truth i don't like its effects so much on rap. it sounds like a fake bass line (well it is really...) was put in some songs and sort of ruins it. some songs it does alright on though... but since the remote controls the effect, theres no problem really, i just don't put it on much for rap

but now rock, thats a whole different experience :-) it sounds 5x better, which is what i was aiming to do with an epicenter from the start

thanks again chad! you are the f*cking man Upload

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 211
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^I agree
I think it sounds like poo with most rap. With some rap that has a high frequency bass line, It adds a nice low frequency impact. But it definitely shines with rock. It adds alot of depth to the bass line. I can't stop listening to heavy rock now that I have mine.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10428
glad to hear you like it.

yeah when i hear rap, i put the bass knob all the way down. on rock i put it up a little.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1113
yeah i'm definitely listening to rock more now. i was seriously missing out...

it does great for techno as well

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10437
i did notice one thing with the epicenter. that is i had to set the lpf a little lower than when i didn't have the epicenter. i set my lpf at 60hz and it does wonders. talk about deep bass on all the songs. i love this thing and i can't listen to music without it.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 404
IMO anything that alters the signal to make the recording sound different than was intended, is not desirable.

*** Flame suit on ****

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10452
rofl. no flaming from me. all i got to say is don't knock it until you've tried it.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1123
"IMO anything that alters the signal to make the recording sound different than was intended, is not desirable."

I very much like to stick to the original way/how it should be, as you do, but rock music just didn't cut it like that unfortunately. i have no complaints about what it does to it (rock music), because IMO it sounds incredibly better, and more like it should have been in the first place.

my biggest complaint with the thing though, is i noticed the death of X < 30hz. i don't use my subsonic filter on my amp, and the epicenter has one built in stock at 33hz. its easily fixed though, i just need to order the piece to change that...

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 410
Fair enough.

About the subsonic filter, if I were audiocontrol I'd sell the epiccenter cheaper and charge like $100 for a lower filter module

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10454
all you have to do is call the phone number on epicenter website and tell them you want to order the module. its less than 20 dollars shipped.

i have a 20hz module that i am not using if you want it eric. i can send it via usps for free to you. the reason i am not using it is cause my box is tuned to 40hz and when i set it that low, it sounds sloppy.

once i change to a lower tuned box, i will be using my 25hz ssf chip. i had to get 4 chips due to having 4 audiocontrol equipment.

if you do decide to order one, make sure you tell them that it is 18db slope.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1125
wow seriously chad your just way too f*cking generous lol. if you could hit me up with that 20hz chip that would make my life. at least let me paypal you $5 or something...

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1126
didn't bump

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10457
its all good man. i'll mail it out to you tomorow.

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1127
chad, why are you so damn nice? lol. if more people were like you, the world would be a better place...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10460
lol. thanks.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 362
I agree that Chad is a nice guy and he also does alot for this forum.... makes it funner for me to come here.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 438
If you want great bass enhancement than get the Pheonix Gold Tantrum Series TBASSCUBE. The best I have seen and heard yet! JMO

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10461
thanks for the compliments brad and eric.

sinful yes the pheonix gold is good also. it basically does the same thing. i like the epicenter cause i am a fan of audiocontrol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us