Solo X Kicker, JL W7, or MTX 9500

Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 7
Now I dont know much about the MTX 9500 but I found some pretty intresting info on it last night.(http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/headtohead/w7.cfm)
So for the price, I think your going to get just as much, if not more, from a MTX 9500, then from a W7 or Solo X. What do yall think? Also here is the video of the MTX 9500 vs JL W7 and Kicker Solo X
(http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/downloads/videos/index.cfm)

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 268
u cant believe all that they put on there own website because its there own brand and they are going to make it look the best, like all other brands with there websites

but out of those the solo-x will have much more output(SPL loudness), but jl with much more sound quality, i think any1 from here will agree

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 8
yea i definately agree...i have both jl and kicker audio, and although i havent ever owned a high end MTX subwoofer such as the 9500 i would bet that JL and/or kicker are hard to beat

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 277
How can they compare a 9500 to a w7. And then turn around and compare it to a Solo X. Those are three totally different subs and anyway you look at it, a Solo X has to be better SPL wise and a dub7 has to beat it SQ wise. Thats my take on it at least.

Silver Member
Username: Longbluesquid

Post Number: 118
JL kills in sound quality it hits soo hard and clean

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10416
if you want want loud, solo x is the way to go. it still sounds alright while it gest insanely loud. the other 2 is a waste of money imo. you can get so much cleaner and louder sounding subs for way less price than the mtx9500 or the w7.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3623
get a dd 9500 ull b hapy trust me

or maybe a fi btl
audioque hd3

any of these will be better than all 3

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3526
out of the ones u picked id much rather have the solo X.

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 9
ok first of all the only reason why i did compare these three, and i do agree with you they are all very different subs, is because the video shows the W7 and solo X both blow at around 100dB and the mtx 9500 gets up to 145 without blowing. also for CHAD LEE, im not sure so correct me if im wrong but when you say for cheap you would recommend the Solo X over the MTX 9500, well the Solo X is way more expensive then the MTX 9500 so how do you figure that it is cheaper?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1107
he was referring to the W7 and 9500, saying they're are many other options than those two, cheaper, and better

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Ten-A-Key

Post Number: 1439
umm... pretty sure the W7 and solo X don't blow at 100 dbs... Pretty sure people running solo X's have hit mid to high 160s. just because you buy an MTX 9500 doesn't mean it's gonna hit 145... The w7 is also capable of hitting over 140s on a TL or even higher...it depends on install

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1111
^^^ i'm pretty sure they were measuring voltage in the vid, not db. also, they were using an L7, correct me if i'm wrong. (saw the vid awhile ago, and can't view it now for some reason... g@y quicktime)

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 11
well im glad to know that this MTX 9500 isnt better than my w7's. And actually its a Solo X not a L7

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 852
Its an L7. Its the first thing its says in the video.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 215
A mtx 9500 series has an xmax of 25mm one way, a 13W7 has an xmax of 29mm one way. IDK what the xmax on a solo X is. I would bet its higher then all the latter subs. Some where between 30mm and 45mm. I really don't know. Also, the W7 can handle 750 rms, says JL. A 13w7 can easily handle a 1000/1. So obviously there power handling figures are very conservative. A 9500 can handle 1000rms. So both subs are on the same page when it comes to power handling. IMO, considering the TS specs on both subs, A 12 w7 should be able to match, if not exceed, the output of a 12 9500. And it will sound better(obviously). And a solo x has no reason being involved in this discusion. It is purely an spl sub. Not sql like the 9500 or high output SQ like the W7.(I consider the W7 a pure SQ sub that just happens to get pretty loud). But, IMO, all these subs are a waste, and better stuff FOR THE MONEY(not tryin to hate on JL) can be had.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 14
well im assuming that your talking about better subs to spend money on so...what would you suggest. Im not trying to spend a ton but for a good cost whats the loudest sub and amp combo that at the same time sounds somewhat good in your opinion? Fi maybe?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3677
yea its definitly an L7 because it said "kicker L7"...that gives a little hint...and it is measuring voltage, not dbs...

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 16
yea i know i just watched it again...sorry im retarded...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3679
lol it straight...everyone makes mistakes

Bronze Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 91
for people who wanted to know the xmax on the solo x is only 23-24.5 mm, the L7 is 12.2-16.1.......

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1484
Comparing all of those.... 2 of the 3 are SPL so id say SoloX would be the best.... W7 would be for a SQ application in most situations

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 407
A word about Xmax:

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/features/xmax.asp

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 39
ok ok so i understand that the mtx 9500 isnt gonna hit like the solo x or w7 but does anyone have a mtx 9500? if so can you give some kinda review about it

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3425
have heard a few (would never waste the money on one), in both trunks and suv's, just about all ported. get loud but that's it, sq sucks. definately not worth the money.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 40
well ok then...thanks for your input
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us