Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 868
TC SOUNDS SUBS

How do they compare to the AudioQue,DD,Fi,RE

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2460
Much better sub but not meant for ported boxes. TC builds one of the nicest subs but the fact they have such a high motor strength (BL) it makes for a peaky ported enclosure but if you are building a SQL/SQ system using a sealed enclosure that would be the way to go.. Polo. :-)

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 347
TC has different lines that compare well with all of those brands. But, they have had some issues with build quality recently, such as cones seperating from the surround, and I am not a fan of the parabolic cones. And since they make drivers for Eclipse, all it would take for me is to have one of my friends say "Duuuuude you bought an Eclipse?" to rip it out and set it on fire. The latest models say TC Sounds on the cone. TC is literally four miles from my door and if I was impressed I would have already had them. There is no denying that the LMS-5400 is a beast though...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1278
they hav some subs on sale. the TC-3000 i think is like $125 off.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1276
They also make drivers for Soundsplinter and SVS (WOOT). I'm considering using say an 18" TC-5200 for my first DIY sub. Maybe the LMS-5400 if I can gather enough power. People at AVS Forums are using LMS-5400s in their sonosubs. Great SQ/SQL sub. Give it enough power and it's extreme SQL.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1277
The TC-5200 with that extreme 413 str is crazy with that high sensitivity AND high Xmax. Good SPL sub.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2933
i think the 5200 costs like $1000 too. their very nice subs but on the exspensive side.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2920
my 1 15" DD is louder then an 18" TC sounds sub(not sure which model)
BUT same amp kx2500 on each
mins in an suv the other is in a hatchback jetta
he hit 145.7 i hit 146.2 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1455
does anyone know if Desiji lost the rights to their basket design cause before it was pretty easy to pick a Desiji basket out but now TC Sounds seems to have a similar one too. Just curiousity or who is still using Desiji? I am pretty sure Nick told me the new BM and i think the Mag will and are built at another place.

Username: Xilinxftl

Post Number: 3
145.7 vs. 146.2

different cars
different boxes
different frequencies
different impedance loads on the amplifiers
different power levels (because of impedance)

and you don't know the model of the driver

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1136
to stick up for drivingreckless a little, the jetta would be much easier to get louder than his x-terra. also, i highly doubt the amps differed in impedance while being used

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1709
Jettas come in hatchbacks?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us