Advice to buy, Money no Object

Username: Armymedic91

Currently Baghdad, fro..., From Mo Iraq

Post Number: 1
Ok here is the deal. I am currently in Iraq with the US Army. So naturally when i get back to the states im going to have some extra money in the account(cause you dont spend it over here). So i want to totally over haul my factory stereo in my 04' Grand Am 4DR SE 2.2L standard stereo. I want to spend around 5 or 6 grand on it. I want everything, DVD/GPS head unit, new 4x6's in the doors and 6x9's in the back. Some bad subs in the trunk. A great amp( and CAP so my battery doesnt die, or ill just put a spare battery in the trunk or something) You know , the works. i was told to post on this site cause you guys on here know what the hell your talking about vs the commercial aspect of car audio. I dont really know all that much about car audio/video so a friend refered me to this forum. So any/all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1257
HO alt w/ Kinetik or other spair batteries. no cap.
I would go w/ the pioneer or eclipse Navi.
Subs, comps, amps and EQs is all on personal taste. I would definately do 6.5s in each door instead of replacin with 6x9s or Oval speakers.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10391
first of all, thank you for serving the country. props to all you over there. get back safe.

5 or 6 grand is alot of money and you will have something that will bump hard.

subs....
fi audio
dd audio
audioque

amps....
kicker
orion
rockford fosgate

speakers....
focal
cdt
boston acoustics

don't forget about ho alt and some nice batteries.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2057
for an alternator, go with iraggi or excessive amperage. but I prefer iraggi.

For batteries.
Kinetik < Everyone else likes these.
Odyssey < But I like these
Optima < last choice.

Post Number: 3
yeah 5 or 6 grand is my limit. dont really want to go over that. but thats what im setting aside to my car total. im also looking into window tinting and a good alarm.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3635
glad to see you came over here bud

yea, like chad said, thanks for serving the country, thats very honorable of you and everyone else over there

i like the list jordan and chad just said above...are you looking for sq (sound quality), spl (loud with little/no sq), or sql (mix of both)? that could narrow down to the subs and amps...

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2058
window tinting 100. Car alarm 250+
If your going to have a car audio shop install your equipment, then set aside about 1k for wires/install/box/ and w/e else. so you'll have like 4k-5k to spend on what you would like, which is imo more than enough. so yeah.

Silver Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 866
Kicker.com for amps
Crossfirecaraudio.com for amps
Rockford Fosgate.com Power Series for amps
AutoTek.com for amps
AudioQue.com for subs
Digital Designs ddaudio.com for subs,amps pricey
Ficaraudio.com for subs
Resonant Engineering for subs

Just to name a few thanks for fighting for all of are freedom. Thanks

Post Number: 4
well im not looking for something that is going to blow out my windows or my neighbors windows down the street, but i do want something that will make heads turn and that i can show off, never had a car system, just factory, but since im coming into some extra money, i figured why not. plus installation has me alittle worried, im not stupid when i comes to electronics but i dont want to try to hook something like that up myself. ya know, dont want to think it sounds good the way i did it, but then have a guy that does it for a living tell me it sounds like crap and could be 10 times better.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1260
im sure we could help u do it urself. If you kno sumn bout electronics it isn't terribly difficult. and with any carpentry experience u could make a box also.

BTW i hav a cousin who just returned from his 3rd trip to Iraq. He's a meteorologist(sp?) but the way he described it, it has to suck man. u got my respect for bein there.

Post Number: 5
lol yeah acually i was part of a carpentry union before i joined the army. just dont have the time nor materials to do it, just might as well save the head ache and pay some1 to do it for me lol. i wsa thinking about doing it myself, but i mean, i want it to look professional, not amature

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1700
what unit are you in? im in the army as well!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3755
Plenty of guys here who would love to help.

Thanks for my freedom man.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1701
and chad and yanks im upset you never thanked me. any way id go cdt, diamond, focal comps for mid and highs Digital Desighn for the subs and for the amp DD, Crossfire, Kicker, orion. HO alt for sure and extra batts. you will definetly have one of the nicest systems around!

what is your MOS? last duty station?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1702
also dont go to the car audio shop and take the first thing they show you. they will charg 3 times what you could get it for and it wont bump like it could. u r in the right place. we have owners of shops here and alot of us compete at shows so we wont steer you wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3756
Thank you Richard! In case nobody else has man. Are you active or reserve?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1703
active but im gettin out in march. time served and now its time to be a family man! but thank you paul i was only messin with them though cus i been here for a while and he shows up and they are all appreciative it was funny!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3759
Not far away man. Good luck!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10393
thank you richard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1704
^^^ its too late chad now your not my friend n e more. lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3760
Ouch.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10394
in time the you will forgive me. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1705
im getting another 3512 and im coming to get u!!!! 2 vr2000d's and 4 hc2400 with 300A alt!

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 129
Shoot me an email, you should be able to find my site through my profile :-).

Not only can I drop ya off a box (from chicago) and help put the subs in/wire it up to the amp, I'll help make suggestions based on my real world experience and testing.

I have some ideas on what you can do... I've worked with the vehicle, and have gotten great results. http://youtube.com/watch?v=O0lVLo2BUvw is a more SPL oriented box, but it gives you the remote idea.

I feel my services are of great value to someone like yourself in particular - and its always fun to see a well thought out setup come together :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3637
"and chad and yanks im upset you never thanked me"

sorry richard...i thuoght i did...but anyway, thanks for serving richard, i have nothing but respect for those who do...sorry i didnt say it earlier

Post Number: 6
{what is your MOS? last duty station?

well i was at ft hood texas with 1st cav div. when i get back im thinkin about getting a hospital job. im tired of combat arms units, its time to chill out.}

Post Number: 7
ok let me try it this way. i know you guys have been throwing up names of products and what not, but i would like to narrow it down somewhat. what can i do, replace my 4x6s in the doors with say 6.5s( dont know if its possible). ok lets say this, if you had 6 grand to throw into a car, what would YOU get. im talking entire system, from audio/video comp. to alarm system. thanks alot

Gold Member

Post Number: 1706
we could never narrow it down to one brand man its really a preference thing, we're basically telling you brands and models that you cant go wrong with. i would say pioneer avic in dash touch screen navigation. digital design 9512's for 2 12" subs and 2 crossfire vr4000d's. cdt for mids and highs. and clifford for an alarm. i gauruntee u wont have to worry bout anyone at a redlight out "bumping" you, and the thing about this setup is that it is a great quality setup you will also sound googd gettin loud! SQL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us