Nick white

Silver Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 104
hey man,what year are your 12s, i just did my blowthru and am gonna run 2 12in L5s.they are gonna be refurbs,both are available,the old black ones and the 05 silvers.I had an 03 black 10 L5 and it blew in about 8 mos,but i think it was my fault,they replaced it with a 05 model and its been bangin for over a year now.whats the difference in the blacks and silvers other than color?

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 260
they are 05 ones the silver cones,

im not really sure the dff of em but my bro's black cone ones will get a lil warm after being on full power on bass test after bass test, but i got the silver ones with the same amp (prd 1000) and i can playa full cd of bass test's over and over of continuously bass and dont get warm, and there proba slight bit louder but we cant really tell cause he has 2 black cone 10's in a probox, and i got 2 silver 12'sin a sealed, but both louud i wanna get a camara fone for vid lol

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 105
thanks I ll get the 05 silvers.my 1 10 is very loud in my 4 dollar box i just built to test my blowthru.2 12s will be crazy loud ported can hardly wait.but ya 4 dollars for my 2 cuft slot port.we were throwing away our old entertainment center and i built it out of that.i put all the laminated shiny brown fake wood looking stuff facing in.I thought it might act like resin or paint.its very slick,but only 5/8 wood so it works for this test.suprisingly the box hasnt blown apart yet.should have the 12s in a couple weeks. WHAT is your spl(yours and your bros)?

Silver Member

Post Number: 264
we aint got either tested but i will mine soon and ill tell ya but if u get the 12's there louder than most ppl think lol, i could show u a vid of my rerview mirror fallin completely off but i aint got a way for a vid, and i got sealed that ported will be waay louder 2

before i bought my sealed i had 1 hooked up with just a 2.5 cu slot ported and got just as loud and way deeper but i didnt have room for 2 ported so i just got a box for 2 sealed, but how my subs are about 3 inches from my htch which makes it louder

Upload

Silver Member

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 106
cool thanks nick.will keep you updated on progress.

Silver Member

Post Number: 265
alrigt, let me know how it comes now lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us