Python 1500 ESP accessories ???

Username: Htelectrical

Post Number: 2
I have a 97 Chevy k1500 and a Python 1500 ESP alarm system, with remote start. I recently have been experiencing problems with several of my accessories. The Anti-Lock brake light comes on, AC blower doesn't work. What is weird (at least to me) is that if I use the remote start feature they work until I hit the brakes and then it stops working. The same thing happens if the truck is running and I hit the Lock and Unlock buttons the accessories will turn on until I hit the brakes. Every once in a while it will just start working. I don't know if it is in the actual alarm unit or in the relays. In the installation guide http://directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/python/N553P.pdf it has a heavy gauge relay satellite key switch interface showing 6 wires. Is there any way to verify if the problem is the control module or the relays? Any help would be appreciated.

Username: Htelectrical

Post Number: 3
Fixed. It was a bad ignition switch. On a side note, it was probably caused by the installer using the crimp on splice connectors and then spade connectors causing excessive heat. The spade connectors were blue from overheating. I soldered all of the connections and used heat shrink on top of elec. tape and cleaned up the hack job that 90% of installers due.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us