New alternator

Silver Member
Username: Andysd03

Lethbridge, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 451
i just recently bought a new 300amp alternator so i took my car to tom and jeries automotives and they were afraid to touch it lol! My cars a 2006 chevy cobalt they are afraid of frying up the comp and frying the batteries i have 2 batteries in parallel its just a 2.2L engine small 90amp stock alt what dou guys think is the 300amp gona be too big for my smaller car and fu*ck sh*it up or would it work just fine all i have to do is take stock one out and replace the wiring to the new one.Iam afraid to ask GMC they might get mad at me and ask me why the h*ell am i wanting to do that to my car lol ineed professional advice here so i know B knows lots

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3500
lol wth
the ho alt will run at the same voltage as ur stock, its just it will supply more amps b4 the battery kicks in.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 321
An alternator is regulated. It does not supply 300 amps all the time, it supplies how ever much current is needed up to 300 amps maximum.

If that shop you went doesn't understand how an alternator works, I would steer way clear of that shop. Try a local audio shop with an install bay.

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 100
where did u get ur alternator?

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
Oya i forgot to say its Iraggi alternator is he a good trusted one to buy from he said mine was 300 amps but i havnt tested it yet to make sure i believe him though...

Silver Member

Post Number: 453
maybe ill take pics of it to i have the kicker2500.1 and 2 10" mtx 9500's single 4 ohms each in a ported box tuned to 40HZ i was thinking of selling that setup though i liked my type X i had before they sounded much nicer and dont crack in the winter time when u turn them up or i might get some DD 2512 or something i just want something that would go fairly loud but sound nice to

Silver Member

Post Number: 454
heres a pic of the altUpload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
but i dont know which plugs are which lol