I could really use some help, folks...

Username: Hayabuddha

Post Number: 1
I used to sell/install high-end audio in late 80s and early 90s and stockpiled a bunch of stuff I
knew I wanted to build a system out of...never did get components, though. Now that I find myself
finally nearing an install on it, I need to find out what the hell has been going on with the
front-stage part of the industry the last 10 years...I come back to find lots of
companies/lines that have sold or cratered in quality, etc.

Speaking strictly from a front-stage standpoint and from what I've gathered, it looks like Morel
and Dynaudio are still themselves, but a/d/s, Diamond and Boston Acoustics have fallen off. What
has happened with Oz, clif and any other lines? Who are Rainbow, CDT and DLS? Any other
recommendations? What is the current stance on Image Dynamics and/or compression drivers?

For reference, here's what I have ready to go in. Please note that all Soundstream is prior to their
move to Blue Ravine, CA so they could throw all the bad product they started making into the
ravine itself when it came back from the customer.

* Soundstream Class A 10.0 amplifier to push (4) Soundstream SS-10R Velvet Hammer subs
* Soundstream Class A Picasso amplifiers (2) for front stage
* Alpine DigitalMax fiber-linked head-end
-> 1310 Receiver/controller
-> 5959s CD shuttle (quad Burr Browns)
-> 3681 Time & Freq Processor
-> 3362 EQ-XOver-Ambience Processor
* Soundstream SL1 solid-silver RCAs

I'm looking to match some components to this that will help me achieve an accurate, neutral-to-warm
sound quality system that can still show balls on serious bass lines.

Any help would be appreciated!

Username: Hayabuddha

Post Number: 2
strange...can get to the direct link for my questions above, but this post doesn't show up on the forum list.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us