System I am purchasing...Suggestions?

Username: Jac102389

Chicago

Post Number: 1
Pioneer DEH-P780MP Head Unit
2x JL 12-inch W7s
2x JL 1000/1 Mono Amps

Total Cost: 3,009.95

Any suggestions? Better prices? Post what you have to say please.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 282
why so hardcore in JL theres better for the money trust me

Chicago

Post Number: 2
Help me? I don't know much about car audio, friends lead me toward JL so I'd like some help if anyone can give me suggestions.

Chicago

Post Number: 3
If I can go for the same power, but cheaper I'd like to do that. I would like good quality as well.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 283
ok whats ur budget and there is plenty of people around here to get u one badass system especally if ur spendin 3k

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 288
3000 for 2 12's? dangg

and go for the premier 780mp...awsome hu from what i hear

Chicago

Post Number: 4
I would like to try and go for something around 2k if I can get some good quality and power around there. I can go over, but I would like to stay close to that if possible.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 284
do u have a stock charging system(altanator and wiring)?

Chicago

Post Number: 5
I have a 07' GT Mustang and the factor Shaker 1000 system is what it came with (1000 watts two trunk subs and then i think two in the front) nothing nice.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 285
yea my uncles got an 05 with the shaker 500 10s in the doors so thats a stock alt so u gotta go kinda low power the 05s have a 135 amp alt give it some time and let some others see the thread and they will give u some sugestions

Chicago

Post Number: 6
Alright, so what I posted above is too much power? The whole reason I'm upgrading is to greatly enhance what I have right now, I'm basically taking the Shaker 1000 out because I'm replacing the head unit and new subs in the trunk. But then there is still those two 10's in the front doors. I basically am just looking for someone to give me a good setup because I am going to get it all custom fit into my trunk once I get everything picked out.

Silver Member

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 286
yea i think 2000 watts rms is stressin that alt a lil much but then again it might be fine wait until its prime time on here and ull get alot of pointers on what u should do which should be tomorrow afternoon its kinda late now but look around the forums theres plenty to look through and learn

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1417
Ebay search "Iraggi" find some high output alt. for cheap. 300 or so for a 200-300A , subs.. 2 FI Q's and 2 Kicker Kx1200 (about 600 for 2..ebay) and a deepcycle or 2... 100-400 depending on brands...

Alt = 300-400
Subs= 518$
Amps= 600$
Wiring\Box = 200-300$
Batterys = 100-400

Thats still between 2-3K but it would be a pretty badass setup... should blow away that JL setup u mentioned atleast

Chicago

Post Number: 7
Okay, and J B, if a better alternator will greatly enhance my system, I'll be buying one of those as well.

Chicago

Post Number: 8
Don't even know what alternators are though...

I'm looking for someone who can give me a perfect suggestion on a great system that will fit my Stang. I know close to nothing about car audio, so explaining things would greatly be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 308
An alternator is basically a belt driven generator that produces alternating current and powers all of your electrical demands, and also keeps your battery charged.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 356
are your going for a sound quality set-up or like big boomy bass set-up? or a little of both?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3397
http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

http://www.excessiveamperage.com/

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 448
first off, stay away from most mainstream brands (JL,alpine,rockford) when it comes to subs, amps are another story. its fukking overpriced, and most underground car audio is much better. second to run alot of power you MUST have a HO alternator, its a neccessity, no exceptions. lets get to your setup bud

HO alternator $350 (search your cars make and model on the irragi store within ebay, def. the best place for quality alt.)

2 12" Fi Q's $500

massive audio P3000.1 $470

knukonceptz 0 ga kit $70

kenwood excelon X790 HU $200

15 ft 0 GA kollusus kable from knukonceptz for the big 3 wiring. $65

Infinity reference comps $100

infinity refernce comps $100

8 ga amp kit $40

TCAB box from mark potts $200 ?? maybe more idk his prices but hes the best

look around 2 grand, and that setup would sound great

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1429
Well with what i suggested, you would want dual 2ohm voice coils to run each sub at 1ohm. It should bang HARD and NICE, and the alt really wont help to much if you dont have the extra batterys to produce the current you need, the alt just basically charges it back up and lets you run some of the load without pulling from the battery. For each 1000Watts RMS the general rule is get a battery, depending on what batterys you get of course.. If you go with a good battery you could prolly get away with 2-3Krms on a good high output alt.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 449
here are some very good underground car audio brands, research their products excellent stuff.

sundown audio
massive audio (fairly mainstream, but very good)
Fi car audio
RE
Digital Designs
Ascendant Audio
Pierce Audio Products

thats not all but a good start

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1430
hey trey... i didnt see the 4ch for the components :-p almost had the system down hehe but these systems should do you plenty good... SQ\SQL is more of the type of system i suggested..

Chicago

Post Number: 9
So trey questions on your setup:

For the alt, all of those ones you told me to look at on ebay are HO right? And there isn't a 07 stang one. does the watts on them matter?

the massive audio 3000/1 will power all 4 of the subs (the two comps and the fi's?)

Do the component subwoofers go into the front doors where my current ones are?

And I want to find a way to get everything custom fit to my trunk so it looks all clean, what would be the best way to do that?

people are talking about battery, do I need one? no?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2043
if your going to run over 2krms. you need.
1-2 batteries. I would do one hc1800 front/back
1 240amp alt, thats how big of a alt you need for the massive p3000.1 << Great amp, because I have one.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1446
email them im sure they have a alt. for you. alot of those are compatible with different cars and such and different years...

I wouldnt run the comps with the same amp...
You would prolly want the subs in the rear doing the lower notes and the comps doing the higher notes... crossover freq.. and different speaker brands\imdependance shouldnt be mixed..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us