Earth To Ecoustics

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 305
To the Admin here @ Ecoustics:

This site has arguably the nicest and most knowledgeable members of any audio forum out there. And we have owners of companies and websites becoming members here that are leaders in the industry. This has all the makings of a world class forum. But we are hampered every single day by the lack of any true support. So.... I have listed the things that I have noticed since I have been here for the last year or so.

1. The layout/forum software is archaic, it doesn't even show who started each thread. The server is dead slow, and new posts/threads take forever to load. There are multiple bugs in the posting process that cause the page not to load and show error messages. You can't edit after you post, and you also can't quote a previous post etc.

2. Nobody ever comes here and moderates, or checks anything at all, to the best of my knowledge. Did it ever dawn on you that you could select a few veteran members to help you out and moderate a little bit? The numbers of threads that have not been replied to in months is mindblowing....and contributes to the overall slowness of the site. Dead content is a main cause of server overload.

3. Can anyone name one other forum that doesn't have separate pages for threads? This place loads slow enough as it is and when you have a thread with multiple posts all on one long thread, that's just retarded. There are 189 posts in ~The Subwoofer Thread.~ yet only one page. And God forbid if we start posting pics on that thread. My comp is like a rocketship, I can just imagine people here that are stuck with dial-up or slower DSL.

4. Why do you shut the site down for maintenance at the worst possible time of day, and why does it take so long to finish? And what exactly are you "maintaining" anyways? We never see any changes or bug-fixes at all.... ever.

5. Censoring launguage is so lame it is beyond my ability to articulate. Very few forums censor anything in this day and age. This is mostly a young people's forum (or young at heart), and they should be able to communicate any way that they want. And if some closed-minded people come here and are offended by words on a screen, fine.... We don't want them here anyway.

6. Posts will only bump sometimes, and at random intervals. Alot of times, even after a page refresh, the list will not show the last few posts on the Topics page, but when you click on the actual thread it reveals multiple new posts that you were unaware of.

Did I leave anything out guys? Comments....

*And by the way.... I posted this in the most popular section just to see if anyone is actually paying attention here.

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1017
nice post :-)

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 389
Thanks Brad...well said and needed!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1422
Good stuff. It's all true, but I doubt it will change anything.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 670
Nice. Dont really think they will do much.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1416
People should donate then to get them to get new equiptment\software whichever is causing the lag issues... Im sure if ecoustics sent out a email to EVERY member, the good members(more dedicated) will throw them a lil cash...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1691
They get their money by adversiments on the site. Take a good look, there are advertisments on the top of the page, down the sides, and in the "Add Your Message Here" section. They're everywhere! I know they have a decent amount of money from that...

And if this site is like J-Designs, clicking on the adds gets them more money. (I'm not positive if this is true) So instead of donating money, click on the adds.

Anyways, good post. Very true. Nothing will happen, or at least within a few months nothing will.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 386
Very nice post....I have 3 suggestions myself:

1.) Add a "sound deadening" section as this topic seems to come up in every other section.

2.) Add an "SPL" section

3.) Add an "SQ" section...these last 2 would make it easier for people who are interested in one or the other to not have to navigate through posts of the opposite.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3227
nothing is going to change here it took years for an OT and for sale section.

this site is probly ran by 1 person who probly makes some decent cash off of it.

if you guys want another forum better organized with some of the same people go to "j designs.info" (no space)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10730
good post Brad

but dude the rate of progress or updates on this forum is slow as a pentium 2 processor or worst

I'm ecoustics for life !
- but man we need some new technolgy\progress up in here ..........

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10731
damn ^^^ "o" (technology) on my keyboard didnt press -lol....

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 566

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 923
Werd to ya motha. theres alot that needs changed this is like 1960s to the other forums.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2906
post this in the suggestion forum
not the subwoofer section

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1428
^^^ good call, haha.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1052
people have tried before and no change so good luck.

Good ideas but I doubt anything will happen

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3701
Have you ever typed a novel, like the one Brad typed, and clicked on post, but get that d@mn file in use error? Then hit the back button and it's all gone!!!

Fasterfox over IE helps with the speed of some functions, just isn't a fix.

Alot of double posting which isn't the member's fault is rampant.

The "maitenance" they perform is proofreading and censoring flagged threads that can't be done when the forum is live. (I believe)

And last but certainly not least is the fact that the car audio section goes down so frequently over any other section is because we are the best D@MN group of ppl in the industry and aren't afraid to talk. Traffic=hits on the server=higher ad $$ for Ecoustics. We would like a thank you please!!!

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 115
archaic is quite right.

its not terrible, but it could stand to be improved.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2056
I think if you guys email, this email. We can get something rollin. Mainly since admin won't do anything, this is probaly the next best choice.

feedback@ecoustics.com

So yeah, someone should email them there and lets see what happens.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 1939
All feedback is appreciated and we are aware of the forum issues.

Let me address a few of the original questions.

1) Server response time and inadvertent error messages are definitely issues which we hope purchases of a new server will fix. We'll install a new server within 30 days and keep you posted about the progress.

2) Maintenance notices have shut-down the forum at non-ideal times. These maintenance times are only performed during the day when we discover critical issues. Most of the time we can fix these problems within 15-20 minutes. Again, we anticipate a faster server to minimize or prevent these outages.

3) The long thread pages are helpful for some and bothersome to others. Currently the board archives 100 posts after 200 posts are exceeded. In the future we can adjust these numbers as needed.

Again, I personally would like to thank all of you who participate in the forum. I plan to keep everyone updated as to our progress in the "Announcements" section of the forum more often.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 134
The one page thread only gets rough if you have a slowish computer and there are alot of pics... other than that I greatly prefer it.. makes finding information alot easier.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2062
FREAKING AWESOME :D. Glad to hear something is going to happen ahee.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 323
You see what can happen when you take on a problem in an intelligent and constructive way, and quit thinking with your "dude nothing will ever happen" attitude?

I hope all of you that made retarded replies in this thread feel like the total fucksticks that you are. I realize that some of you were still racing your Big Wheel down the sidewalk four years ago, but that doesn't mean you have to represent yourself like an assclown.

And thank you to all that responded positively.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1228
Brad, I hope you don't mind, but I modified your trike.

Upload

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 325
Dre you lived up to your name on that one because that was MONEY!

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1244
Lol Brad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us