Installation costs?? help me out

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 445
well i just got off the phone with my dad and he said hes not really comfortable with me doin my own install, but since he payed for my range rover i guess i better listen. so my Q is how much should i expect in installation fees from a decent store for the following.

4-channel amp
subwoofer amp
2 sets of 5.25 components
big 3 rewired to 0 GA
2 15" subs
(i have built my enclosure but they will have to cut the OD and put subs in and put terminals in)
head unit

i have all wiring and amp kits so the only fees i am looking at are for the install and the enclosure terminals + the cutting of the OD for the subs.

any guess guys? i got 240 and i fuKKing hope that covers it cuz im tired of no bass.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3396
guessing, and everywhere is different, i'd say at least another $100, probably more. i know near me places charge quite a bit for the components install. that'll be a little more than half of your money. expect $40-60 for the mono amp, no more than $75? for the 4 channel, maybe $30 for the big 3. and they might try to screw you on the box cutting and the terminals. try to buy the terminals now, www.partsexpress.com is a good place for them. and if they even try to charge for putting the subs in the box and wiring them tell them to fuc_k off.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 267
i'm not gonna lie, it's gonna be a shitload if you pull up in the range rover, make sure to get a quote over the phone and then bring it in.

Unfortunately, I don't think 240s gonna cut it, maybe 350-400

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1687
What year range?

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
98 on boss 20's, goin limo tint soon

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1049
yeah. they're gonna rip your @ss hole open on that. I guess you have no choice though

Silver Member

Post Number: 447
i really wanna do it myself. im not sure why he is doin this, but i dont blame him really im only 17, im sure i could screw sumthin up lol

Bronze Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 86
if i was you i'd try and negotiate it with him. like you install some of the stuff or sumthing. im 14 and I just installed my headunit and comps with no problems. just waiting for my fukkin nine.4 and my ehqs12.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 2018
id have to say that payin for the install is a waste of money. installing yourself is not only free, but you gain knowledge from doing it, which is why you are here on the forum.

Try negotiating and install it yoruself..im sure people on the forum and people on AIM can help you with questions...my sn is lifelessinabox if you need it.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 315
Where are you located trey?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3789
because u have that kind of car they are gonna think ur have some cash so they are gonna charge alot of money mroe than 250 easily they are gonna start sayin range rovers are expensive to do and all that b.s

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2908
do it yourself for free :-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5955
If you're not experienced and timid, then ask the shop to install the power wires and speakers for you. Depending on the shop, they might charge $50 - $250 for "Big 3" upgrade. The reason is due to their lack of knowledge when it comes to electronics. If you ask those same guys to install an alternator, it'll be a standard charge of $100. As soon as you say it's HO alternator, it's $300 cause it's a custom part.
As for your install, once the power wires and speakers are done, you should be able to install the amps and sub yourself easily. It's like connecting the dots.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1440
if its anything like the audio stores around my area... the like to r@pe u where the sun dont shine like 500$..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1441
"any guess guys? i got 240 and i fuKKing hope that covers it cuz im tired of no bass."

No kidding i been bassless for the last 3 weeks or so... my subs need to hurry and get here :-( id say talk to them about the install and when they give you a price im guessing its going to be more then 250..... tell them its all you got..

Silver Member
Username: Basssquared

Post Number: 175
At my local car audio store they told me they would charge me 60 bucks just to hook up my amp and subs even though all of my wires are allready ran its just that if i install it i dont get the warranty for my L7s that sucks but 60 bucks just to hook up the wires to my amp with a screwdriver is bullsh!t

Silver Member

Post Number: 452
yeah my massive audio equipment has to be pro installed for the warranty to be good. but i did talk to a shop im comfortable with. The owner really knows what hes doin, he is a 5th place world record holder in some event...forget which but right know he has 2 diamond 12s that he hit 148 with, off of 1200 watts total. he also was very framilar with underground brands like pierce audio, RE, and Fi. so i knew he was more than one of those dumbas's who only knows mainstream equipment. he quoted me at 250 so im pretty damn happy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us