Port placement

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 440
most ppl say it is better to go subs up, ports back why is this? i think it would look cooler to go subs up ports up, but i want functionality over cosmetics anyday, so someone please explain the advantage top subs up ports back ?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 276
i think it depends on the application....different for different situations u know?

Silver Member

Post Number: 441
yeah mos def, but i would like to know what i need to look for to determine port placement, like what factors change port placement and optimize it

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 395
Chad Lee, Drivingreackless, Mat Dope, Logan might have a good idea.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3070
in most cases sub up/port back would be the optimal aplication for SUVS or Hatchbacks..

for trucks.. it depends.. subs firing forward and port firing up along the rear window yields good results as where in another truck subs firing forward and port firing towards the drivers side yields better..

for a car in most cases the sub/port firing into the cabin if your box takes up a large volume in the trunk.. the key is the get the read phase the sub sub to align with the front phase .. hence where the 1/4wave formula and all the others come from..

sometimes sub firing into the cabin and ports firing to the wheelwell work best.. in most cases a small box with external aeros..

just depends on the car :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
well i have an suv so i think ima go subs up ports back.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1408
I turned my box around the other day with the sub and port firing forward right behind my head, and i thought it would be crazy loud, but it was maybe 1/2 as loud as sub back port back in my SUV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us