I need some help guys

Username: Soccerguy20

Post Number: 2
Ok my current setup is 2 12" Image Dynamic IDQ's (1 of which is ripped and is being held together with finger nail polish, yes I know ghetto!) in a sealed enclosure running off of a JBL BP600.1 I have a couple of questions. I'm thinking of purchasing 2 12" IDMAX's (around like $900) and definatly a new amp to push them (around like another $1000 at least) my first question is what exactly is the RMS of an IDMAX because the website says the recommended power is around 600 watts a piece but all the other websites say the RMS is 1000 watts, so which is it? My second question is would it be worth it to spend all that extra money? or ahould I just buy another IDQ to replace my messed up one and leave my setup the way it is? I'm very into music and I only want the best SQ i don't care too much about how loud it gets a little advice would be great. Thanx guys.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2926
the max's would have the same sq as the idq's but should be a lot louder, rms anything between 400-800wrms is perfect for them.

Post Number: 3
Ok so would it really be worth all the extra money because don't you only gain like a 3db increase if you double the power which is pretty much what i would be doing?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10717
y not save urself some $ just get 1 12 idmax & a really good amp like a JL 1000\1 ........

Post Number: 4
Yeah I could do that. I mean that wouldn't be too much louder than my setup now though would it?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2927
imo it would not be worth it to upgrade, you should gain about 6db's by doubleing the power and upgradeing subs, i'd do what rovin said just get one 12 and one good amp, the JL 1000/1 is a very nice amp, but i'd with something smaller like a zx750.1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us