Mark Potts introduction.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3845
For some of you that don't know him, I'll allow him to give a brief introduction for himself so that you guys can get to know him. That way, some of you don't continue to make a fool of yourself correcting him on things he's done first hand. and if for one second you think you can tell him something about a type R... please go play in traffic...lol j/k but really, this guy can probably say he knows more about them than himself.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3568
yea i figured out who he was finally by clicking on his profile and and then his homepage...

welcome to ecoustics...

Silver Member
Username: Jcash

Post Number: 158
quit kissing azz

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3847
thanks cupcake

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 792
Lets just leave it at this: He is ALMOST as knowledgeable as me.

Bronze Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 49
"Lets just leave it at this: He is ALMOST as knowledgeable as me."

I pale in comparison to your sea of knowledge... knowledge of NFL bench players and sponge bob :-)

Glad to be here! This forum seems pretty sweet, the others have really gone down the tubes.

As far as type R's... alpine can credit me for hundreds of sales...lol. They would have never gotten the respect they do now had I not of done the testing :-).

I'm eyeballing the new TC sounds midline gear... looks verrrry nice :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 795
hehehe just testing your sense of humor mark...you passed, i think you'll fit in nicely around here:-)

Now all you gotta do is pm me so we can arrange payment of your $25 Ecoustics Membership Fee.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10724
i'm guesssing trevor who created this thread will get 10 bux off his next purchase from mark ...

hey mark - that box on ur site with the 2 type Rs & about 8 aeroports on it , what kind of numbers did it do on a TL ? .....

Silver Member

Post Number: 798
Mark if you don't mind me asking, what part of the city do you reside in? Feel like helping a newb with an install?? I'm in the west suburbs like 30 minutes out the CHI.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1024
The really funny thing about this thread is how Trevor was the one saying that TCAB was just another ported box and anyone could make them,including himself.What a joke.Two faced people need to die.Seriously.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1025
Here's the thread.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/322538.html

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 394
LMAO LOL ^^

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1397
Damn. Owned.

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 52
"hey mark - that box on ur site with the 2 type Rs & about 8 aeroports on it , what kind of numbers did it do on a TL ?"

he did a 154.7 @ SBN last year, won m3..and could have placed @ finals. Was a great setup and he planned on going far in meca, but the FL shows dried up and he couldnt get points... the setup wasnt made for the dash, and he didnt have dbdrag $.. so there went that. It still did a "respectable" 151 or something in SM 1-2.

"Mark if you don't mind me asking, what part of the city do you reside in? Feel like helping a newb with an install?? I'm in the west suburbs like 30 minutes out the CHI."

over by like hinsdale?

Being in my position, I really cant install anything, but I am over there every now and again, so perhaps one day we could meet up and I could check it out :-)

"Damn. Owned."

lmao, yea... hey its all good either way =)

"hehehe just testing your sense of humor mark...you passed, i think you'll fit in nicely around here:-)

Now all you gotta do is pm me so we can arrange payment of your $25 Ecoustics Membership Fee."

dude... i already sent you the check... and it was cashed...

dont tell me i'll have a send another one :-( this might end up costing me a fortune...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1406
Well, if you get tired of sending him money, all I ask is for a TCAB box as ecoustics membership fee for life...

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 54
Ok i'll admit it.... the membership fee actually made me say wtf, and check if you were a mod....

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3656
Lol.
Years of av experience: 21
I guess you were born for this?

Have fun here man. I do.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1402
i never heard a TCAB but seriously what is so special about them..? I thought it was basically the box size and tuning that really only matters(besides the subs\power lol)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10727
OMG ! - i guess Trevor seriously rethinked or ate his words .........

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3849
Rob TRYING to make others look bad to make himself look good again... woo hoo! I'd post that link myself. and i'll say it again. "I feel if your looking for a daily setup without a hands on install TTB can do more for you with your situation than TCAB" However, NOWHERE did i say mark is not an intelligent person who knows alot about car audio. I'm glad to have him here, as i would pete or tuan, but thats why I'm a member on hexibase forum as well. "OMG ! - i guess Trevor seriously rethinked or ate his words" no rovin, i never had loss of respect for mark, i just shared my opinion i like TTB better. i dont think marks really going to get offended by that, because in no way am i saying he doesnt know about car audio and it is my opinion. also petes helps me with more things in the past, maybe i can learn from mark too now that he's here on ecoustics. damn i bet out of robs 1025 posts atleast 700 of them are non car audio related, hes just being a d!ck lol.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2888
"i never heard a TCAB but seriously what is so special about them..? I thought it was basically the box size and tuning that really only matters(besides the subs\power lol)"

i agree i still think thier just another ported box...
im still sketchy after that whole ordeal on realmofexcursion.com
were ppl never got thier boxes :\
plus for the price i could build 5 boxes and figuree things ou on my own =P
i stand by wut i say
sry man
TCAB=nothing special in my book

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 59
"Lol.
Years of av experience: 21
I guess you were born for this?"

pretty much :-)

ok, maybe only 13 years of experience, I got into audio specifically when I was 8.

"i never heard a TCAB but seriously what is so special about them..? I thought it was basically the box size and tuning that really only matters(besides the subs\power lol)"

when you put a box into a car, the game changes. You have to build per the demands of the vehicle, way beyond what "fits".

The boxes generally look simple, but there is alot behind them. I could assign a wierd name to my design, and put lots of technical words in there... but in the end they are what they are, ported boxes designed to fully integrate with the cars acoustics... which over the years I have found to be the absolute best "SQL" design.

In regards to output, TCAB is generally louder than TTB... and I think this is something that has been pretty well discussed and loosely admitted on their end. TTB's "ported" designs seem to provide nice extension down low, while playing high... but they do so at a great loss of output, and put more stress on the cone. The horn/tline etc boxes really are more of a novelty due to their size... for the size and expense, just step it up a woofer size + ported box and your better off.

Not saying anything that hasn't been said before, and this doesnt really have to turn into a debate.

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1027
Watching my post count Trevor?What are you the post watch police or something?Anyhow...I bet you 900 of those posts are car audio related,actually,I don't even care...I help people at times and at other times I like to bust people's ball_z.In the long run though it doesn't matter how many posts I have,if my post count was fukking 0 it doesn't mean that I don't know my shi±.

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 67
+1 not car audio related, for Rob and myself, lol.

spam is a way of forum life... if you dont accept it, perhaps its time to be a professional croquet player.

Gold Member

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2891
rob+trevor=catfight

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3609
Upload

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1029
Shut up David, lol.Who else will give you free DB?Oh and speaking of POST WHOR3S(Yanks Fan),you have 3 times as many posts as I do and we registered at the same time.I highly doubt I post irrelevant things.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2503
Mark you seem cool enough but i cant forget about all the forums i read on how you ripped people off and all refused help from your teammates to help you get the orders filled, i dont really care cuz im not ordering a box anytime soon but was all that resolved

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 79
refused help... lol... there was no way for everyone to come over, and magically build all of the boxes... its setup for 1 to work, and thats it. The issue was financial anyway, and its been taken care of :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3787
aigth its all good shyt mark we have a few people that reallyg et rough round here but its allg ood man. i might tlak to you later for a box or some ports u still do ports right???? cuz u live in chiago and i don want to pay shippin.

looking for 6 4 inch ports i was gonna buy them on partsexpress but its 12 bucks each port and like 20 bucks of shipping.

let me know if u still make ports,.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 2003
Welcome to the forum Mark...should have fun here..

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 80
I can make ya some ports :-)

The PsP ports are more refined, however, there is no performance difference. And the ones I make are custom length, so if you need longer than 18", it makes life alot easier when its a 1 piece port.

glad to be here ;)

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1410
when i get numbers back from my box, ill compare with some TCAB, see if i can see the difference with tcab.. im not really
that into the box building end yet... but i know a little... tell me what you would think here as far as the acoustics of the ride... 12cu box tuned 40Hz DD9515's 6Krms, box\port 6inchs from rear, i heard the ride itself would lower the tuning on the box

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1411
hey trevor that is a little funny about rob posting that... your the one that started the thread to welcome Mark and he trys to make it look like a insult

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 87
it could be loud, we'll see!

The vehicle will have an effect, I cant say for sure what it will be without building the box lol.

Gold Member

DD 9515f, USA

Post Number: 2904
you smoke ?pot? mark POTTS :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 800
I don't live in Hinsdale, but close, Downers Grove.

"Ok i'll admit it.... the membership fee actually made me say wtf, and check if you were a mod."
HAHAHAHAHAH MADE YA LOOK!!!

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 92
"you smoke ?pot? mark POTTS :-)"

i tell you, i've never heard that one... ever... ;)

downers grove, yea i figured it was just a wee bit past hinsdale.

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
don't come tryin to jack my sh!t tho...us grovers don't play i got 2 pit bulls and i know jujitsu.

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 94
well i know chuck norris (take that)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10361
mark how would you fire the subs and port in a coupe? the box would be where the backseat used to be.

welcome btw and thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2458
Bout time you got here, lol. You bangin away on my box yet? Every time I come down here to Florida it is fcking cold, best to leave the bad weather up in Chicago... Polo. :-O

P
U
S
S
Y

A
S
S

W
E
A
T
H
E
R

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

You aint bangin unless..., Il

Post Number: 1018
chad i tested mine a lil bit and by ear mine seems loudest w/ the sub up and port to drivers side :-) hope that helps

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 101
i'll be ready for ya polo ;)

I thought I had replied to which direction in a coupe...

fire any direction you want :-)

not that the reply was really very helpful, lol... but it is what it is.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1414
hey mark do u goto any comps... any in chicago area? if u do let me know when\where i want to check out one of them boxes... and see what i would do with my setup in a comp.. lol

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 103
www.mecacaraudio.com I'll be at various local/meca/etc shows.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3788
mark quote me for 6 4 inch ports if u still put the chrome in them let me know how much will it be with that and witout that.

extrmndor3@msn.com

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 114
you've got mail :-)

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2192
Wazzzzzuppp!!!!!????

Welcome, not like im on here much anymore cuz i finally got a job!!!!!lol

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 116
nice

$ > forum lol

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2046
whats probaly the most expensive tcab box built for 2 15's. Or whats the most "medium" price.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3614
"Shut up David, lol.Who else will give you free DB?Oh and speaking of POST WHOR3S(Yanks Fan),you have 3 times as many posts as I do and we registered at the same time.I highly doubt I post irrelevant things."

what did i do rob...i simply posted a pic...i dont recall ever calling you a post wh0re or saying anything to you infact...and yea i know im a post wh0re...so are half the other people here

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1450
dont trip about rob, i'd say 80% of his post came from highering his selfesteem... insulting people

When the hell will i see a thread with 20+ replys without a argument! lol

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 118
dont turn this into a ca.com "buttsecks" fest... :-)

"whats probaly the most expensive tcab box built for 2 15's. Or whats the most "medium" price."

I could make you a $5000 masterpiece... but the rough average is $300-500 shipped.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1453
5000$ r u serious.. thats my whole setup...haha

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2047
I spent 400 making my own box, I should of just got one built from you guys :-(.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3508
mark...come to louisville's carl casper show...or better yet pikeville lol

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 127
I'll be @ casper :-)

http://www.myspace.com/spkrman

look me up, if I can remember I'll be wearing my cubs hat/leather jacket... and i'll have tofind somethign else identifiable :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2459
I guess wearing a cubs hat is a step up from any bears sh!t, lol. Polo. :-O

Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 1042
Yanks,I was talking to Trevor in that post.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 128
not not a cubs jacket, just a black one lol... the hat will be dusty ;)

bears... FTL :-(

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3407
mark, since your here could you give me a rough estimate for a box for some idmaxs'? mdf, black carpet, port the same color. maybe birch baffles. ported low to get the most from them, looking for a really nice sql system, listen to all rap/r&b. for either 2 or 4 12"s, whatever you think you could get to fit in one. maybe for a jimmy/blazer/bravada (all look to have about the same amount of space)so i should have room. oh, subs up, port back.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 131
shoot me an email through the site :-)

it'll be more than $1, and less than $10,000.

3 12's maxes out the cargo area, and can get very loud :-)

Below is a pic of 3 12's in both a 2 door and a 4 door blazer (yea they are all the same, the 2 doorand 4 door have different cargo areas though)

Upload

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Spandmh1

Tunnel hill, Ga AudioQue ... Usa

Post Number: 241
dammit i wish i lived in chicago... why dont u add me on myspace mark? i just added u. i love ur boxes man. keep up the good work!

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 133
i'm not that bad of a myspace wh0re, not on there every 15 mins :-)

I'll give ya the add though!

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3797
mark go check your email now

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 139
rerereplied
« Previous Thread Next Thread »