Hifonics BX1000D

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 377
I have a buddy that has this amp. He is in MN so I couldn't check it out on my own, however, he says it will power on but will not power the sub. The sub has been checked with another amp and works fine. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 65
i got the same problem with my P3001.....it sucks

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 370
Check RCA cables. Just a suggestion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
Does he have the bass knob plugged in. My Hifonics BX1500D's turned on but didn't "power the subs" until I plugged in the remote bass knobs. Try those two things for now & then post results.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 801
i agree with sinful .. ive had customers who had that problem with the older hifonics amplifiers .. check rca cables and plug in bass booost .. doesnt mean it needs to be utilized however

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 378
ok...i'll talk to him and let him know the suggestions. thanks

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 379
OK...I talked to him again and he said it jumps into protect I guess. That opens up a lot more possibilities, so any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Unhook speaker wires from amp and see what happens. If yes, than unhook RCA cables from amp and see what happens. If no, than your ohm load isn't possible, or the speaker wire is no good, or the subs have a problem, or a combination of those. Check the voltage (at the amp terminals) to see how many volts go through the remote wire, ground, and power/B+. If not enough voltage then problems can happen. Try these and get back to us.

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 97
i have a power acoustik a2400db and it is doing the same thing. the guy at the local audio shop said it was the output terminals to the subs. but i dont have the bass boost remote anymore to try and hook it up. anyone know where to get one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us