Bronze Member
Username: Ckelley

Post Number: 70
what would be the best single 12's for the 500/1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
Would 1 12w3v3 be ok on a 500/1.
I know for the regular w3 it recomended to get 2 w3's.
Also is the sound quality better on the new ones.
I am looking at these b/c the w6 is too expensive

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 531
i got 2 of the old w3v2 DVC 12's hooked upto a single 500/1 in a sealed box and they hit hard enough for me , i just cant wait to go ported :-)

Username: Jlnick

Post Number: 8
12w6

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5820
2 12w3v2 would be awesome.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5821
ops forgot its only a single sub....12w6

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4221
JL 12w6v2 is your best bet. Trust me

Bronze Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 24
why restricted to a single 12? why JL woofer?

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 , VR1000D 15= overcomp...

Post Number: 1662
^^^^ im with mark i wouldnt go jl unless you are going pure SQ, then they arent half bad. what budget do u have for a sub? thats a pretty solid amp so you have more options than JL.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 559
DD 1012 :D

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
I like to have space in my trunk so i wanted just 1 12. 2 would be fine depending on the box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4223
It really depends what your looking for clarence. What type of music do you listen to ?

If you like tight clean accurate bass then go with the 12w6v2 in a sealed box at 1.25net with a bit of polyfill inside the box. It will get loud for most off a 500/1.

If you want somthing louder and you listen to alot of rap and reggae and music with more authority etc... then you may want to consider going ported and perhaps saving alot of money and getting a Alpine Type R or somthing similar.

Alot of guys here will probably tell you to go with a Type R if you plan to go ported and want it loud with solid SQ.

Mark Potts... How good can a single Type R 12 do in a ported box with the ID/flared ports like the ones you build. Can it have great SQ while being one of the loudest aswell or is that to much to ask ?

The amp whould be a JL 500/1 in this case.

I whould imagine the vehicle whould have alot to do with your answer along with the amp.

Let me know anyways what we are looking at in a sedan and a SUV situation.

Username: Scott_rilla

Evansville, Indiana

Post Number: 9
a w7 12 sounds really good but i think that with a 500/1 i would just with w6 or a w7 10 trust me it sounds extremely good i have 2 tens and 2 500/1

Username: Scott_rilla

Evansville, Indiana

Post Number: 10
a w7 12 sounds really good but i think that with a 500/1 i would just with w6 or a w7 10 trust me it sounds extremely good i have 2 tens and 2 500/1

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 62
"Mark Potts... How good can a single Type R 12 do in a ported box with the ID/flared ports like the ones you build. Can it have great SQ while being one of the loudest aswell or is that to much to ask ? "

It would work nicely. The R sounds pretty good when properly setup... I'd say its in the top 75% as far as SQ goes, but its tough to get it there because its a very picky woofer.

I prefer the fat low end over the w6's very punchy sound, and the majority do...but its either one way or the other... and the w6 will definitely get you more respect with an SQ judge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4225
How high of a DB meter can a 12 Type R do off a JL 500/1 with great SQ. Most of us listen to mostly rap and rock and dance.

Also which amp whould you recommend for a single Type R 12 from your experience.

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 65
the 500/1 and comparable is a great match.

SPL scores are very vehicle dependant, its tough to be so general... but as a rough estimate most single R 12's in my boxes with 800 watts will be doing a 140-144 at the headrest. I don't believe I've tested one that was below a 140 @ the head yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4227
Just to let you know. I was one of your first customers back 2 years ago or so. I puchased a ported box for a single SX 15 from you with black carpet.

Whould you suggest i use my 12w6v2 or go with a Type R. Which whould yield better results with your boxes ?

Both seem to do well sealed or ported.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4229
Let us know when you get a chance mark.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 109
"Whould you suggest i use my 12w6v2 or go with a Type R. Which whould yield better results with your boxes ?

Both seem to do well sealed or ported."

If you have the w6v2 now, I wouldnt swap it out for a type R... no reason to spend more $ for a marginal difference in spl, and a drop in quality. The w6v2 would work very well.

Remember these arent stale designs, they are sub and vehicle specific :-)

I definitely remember your box, you ended up selling it on ebay correct?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4232
Yes sir :-) For the record, TCAB boxes have great resale value.

Had no problem selling it on ebay with the SX 15.

You even made a false floor for me which worked out great. Thanks again.

I whould be interested to do business with you again for a ported design for my 12w6v2. Somthing that will get plenty loud and sound amazing with dance and rap and rock. SQL style. Sound good while getting loud.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 112
I can definitely make it happen with the 12w6v2 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3399
mark, since your here could you give me a rough estimate for a box for some idmaxs'? mdf, black carpet, port the same color. maybe birch baffles. ported low to get the most from them, looking for a really nice sql system, listen to all rap/r&b. for either 2 or 4 12"s.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3401
oh, forgot to add if you could figure in the ecoustics discount:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
I went ahead and got a 12" type r ported. A place in town had type r's on sale for $99 and i got a ported bass slammer box from circuit city.

It gets pretty loud and very clean and tight bass.

thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us