Need your input

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 415
im getting ready to install my system this weekend and ill be running about 3200 watts rms. i will upgrade wiring to 0 ga. however im worried about problems due to not upgrading alternator yet. my dad is buying me a 240 amp iraggi alt. but not until next week so will i damage the components within my system since there isnt very much juice at this point? and i will also be running a stock battery as well.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 299
Just watch your voltage gauge when you turn up the volume. If your voltage drops turn it down.

Don't turn it up past about 1/3 volume until you get your new alt. You will never get 3200 watts from a stock charging system, and if you try you will drive your amp well into clipping and possibly damage your subs.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 300
BTW, I would get a larger alternator than 240 amps. A 3200 watt class D amp can pull about 260 amps at times, and then you also need power for the other accessories in your car. I would get at least a 280 amp, but more is always better.

Unless 240 is the largest you can get for your car. That sucks if that's the case.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 420
yeahp thats the problem, i have a 98 range rover iraggi and exc. amperage are the onjly places and 240 is the biggest made.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us