O.T. itunes

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Boston, MA

Post Number: 683
under info of a song, if u increase the volume using the volume adjustment, does that distort the quality of the track? some songs i download just arnt as loud as others.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 615
What I did was just choose the sound check option and then iTunes goes through and makes all the songs the same volume.

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
Didnt bump.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 1663
hmm I'm not sure if it distorts it, probably does though. I've turned songs up like that before and I have noticed on my ipod that if i turn it up to 3/4 volume, it is no louder than full volume. I don't know if that tells you anything. I would just not mess with the volume from iTunes. The reason they are so quiet though, is because they are crappy quality. What's the bitrate?? 128? I try not to download anything below 192kbps

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 374
doing the soundcheck ONLY makes the volume the same through the headphone jack...it will not make it the same if you're plugged in through the docking port...I've tried endlessly to get the songs the same so it doesn't go up and down when listening through my Pioneer HU

Silver Member

Post Number: 626
^^Really? I did not know that. All of my songs must be about the same volume anyway then because in my car the I never hear a change in volume from song to song.

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
You must not have a mixture of CD's from the late 70's / early 80's to todays CD's because you would certainly hear the difference

(Example: AC/DC "Back In Black" vs. Dream Theater "Train Of Thought")

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1707
you wouldn't believe how much I hate that program......just bought an ipod and I'm ready to throw it out the window

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3562
why dont you like itunes?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1708
you wouldn't believe how much I hate that program......just bought an ipod and I'm ready to throw it out the window

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1710
oops, double post.......seems like whenever I update my playlist or libary, it deleats everything on the ipod. I click on recently added and stuff but it still screws up. Perhaps I should uninstall and install again

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
I have a few iPods and I only use "manually manage" as I don't trust the iPod or computer to not have a mind of it's own....but I never really have any problems with iTunes

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 163
my itunes is messed up, it will only import the first 6 seconds of every song

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4676
young, just select "manually manage music and videos" under your ipod control in itunes so that they will never delete unless you manually delete them... i had the same problem and this solved it :-)

in itunes, you go to your name (your ipod name) then scroll down and click on manual. then you can just drag all your songs from limewire (or whereever) to itunes library, to your ipod

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 164
on top of that once the songs are imported it says the length of the song is 789 hours 57 minn and 13 seconds

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
sounds like you have an uncompatible "sample rate"...I had a few songs with a slow sample rate and each one said it was like 58 minutes...use 44,100 kHz as your sample rate

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3479
i want an ipod lol.
i stick with good ole Windows Media Player for listening on the computer

Silver Member

Post Number: 652
I really like iTunes. It was a little hard for me to figure out at first but I have been using it for about a year and a half. Way better than media player.

Silver Member
Username: Grebnereon

Post Number: 558
I like iTunes as well, it has held my 5,395 songs quite well. Im sure some of you guys have more songs than me.

lets see who has the most!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
13,106....but since I have NONE of my "live" cds on there it would be more like 16,000

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1711
hey bassman3, thanks for the help bro :-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9128
I have had no problems with Itunes, my ipod freezes up every once in a while and that sucks but thats the only problems I have had.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3591
i love itunes...ive never had any problems with it...my ipod freezes as well but then just restart it and it works like a charm...
i only have 2k songs on my ipod
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us