Tiny buzzing after change..

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1366
I changed my components around JUST A TAD. I KNOW THIS IS BAD but, i ahve a pair of 6x9's and a set of ADS cs346's on 1 2ch. 1000watt kenwood amp. Each set are ran in paralel (2ohm) on seperate channels (1 ch for each brand.) it has never gave me this problem before but i changed the tweeter settings on the crossover from 0db to +3db and now the even after i changed it back to 0db i get a buzzing sound from ALL my speakers and this is only when the key is in the ON position, the car doesnt even have to be started either, i can turn it right to the part its about to crank the engine and the sound is back.. can i have some electrical device on my electrical system that is fu<king up and giving me feedback?.. should i try to ground the amp case to the frame?..Ground the RCA's?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1367
BTW if i turn the key the reverse way to only turn on power to windows... and cd player and stuff, not the way to go to start the car but the other way..... i dont get the buzzing it sounds crystal clear... yes i do have a HO and i think my regualtor is going out... power fluctuates to up to about 13V-15V now, i am pulling it out this weekend and replacing it with my 100A so i dont run into over voltage problems and burn stuff up later... does anyone know where i can get replacement parts for the alternator? I may try to send it to Nate if he can take a look when i order the 300A from him. But before i do that i would want to try and replace the regulator myself to see if thats the issue.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us