Infinity Perfect 10"

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 361
My brother bought two of these a couple months ago and I built him a sealed box. I left to college before I could install them for him, and have since had second thoughts about the kind of box I built for him. Would you guys recommend doing a ported box for these? Or will they sound good in a sealed? Would I lose SQ to gain SPL or would both improve? Thanks!

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 362
Bump...any help? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 126
I just built a box for two 10" infinity kappa perfect. ~2.3 cubic feet, ported tuned to 35hz. hits really hard, but lost a little bist of SQ compared to the 1/1 cubic foot (same box, seperate chamber) sealed box.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 364
In your opinion is the amount of lost SQ worth the extra amount of SPL gained? (a large gain of SPL with small loss of SQ?)

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 587
I would say port it becuase it will be louder and if the box is built good it will still sound good.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 365
Well I already built and carpeted the sealed box for him, so I just want to be sure it is worth forgetting the money spend on the old box and getting materials for a new one. I guess that is the opinion I am looking for

Silver Member

Post Number: 590
Well if you already have the sealed box put it in and see if hes happy with it. If he wants louder build a ported one.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 366
That's what I am thinking. I won't know until spring break though, cuz he has never put in a system on his own and I am at school 'till March.

Silver Member

Post Number: 592
I would probally just wait and see what he thinks of it then.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us