HONEST DEBATE: generic vs. car-audio batterys

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 411
well ive been doing research between generic and car audio batterys and i think for the money im better off runing a bank of generic batterys. i can get 3 everstarts with a total of 3000 coldcranking amps for 180 or 1 kinetik HC1800 for the price. i know kinetik has very low resistance, but im not sure of the other advantages to the kinetik. what do you guys think im better off buying?

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 552
Kinetik's charge faster.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 294
Some car audio batteries such as Kinetik's sit at a higher voltage like 13.something instead of 12 volts like regular batteries.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 829
I have heard that K-marts Evermaxx batteries are proven to work just as well as optima yellow tops. and they are somewhere around $100. True??

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4365
They are great batts to put under the hood....but i would not put one in a trunk or cab.

Acid spillage FTL.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 412
but the thing is i would only be using the batts when my car is off because my 240 amp alt will carry the load the rest of the time

Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 8
Interstate workaholic batts are quite awesome ;). The only reason to run a "car audio" battery is when you are absolutely limited to running 1 battery, or need the most out of a given space.

2 everstarts will by far outpower 1 kinetik, or 1 of most any battery... especially considering the end cost.

I ran interstate workaholic refurb batts 04-06, and was 100% satisfied... 05 MECA world champ, so I guess they work? :-)

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 9
"Acid spillage FTL."

battery box ftw :-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1383
i had acid spillage... not sure why the battery DID NOT TIP!!!!!!!!! it was sitting up straight... i heard it might of died and boiled the acid or somthing...... big hole in my carpet.. The thing about kinetics and all, besides them being drycell and sitting at a higher voltage and lower resistance then common batterys, they are more compact then lets say those 4 batterys you compared it to. Alot of people that need that kind of power dont have the room for all of those, like me im going with 4 HC2400's... thats prolly about 6 generic batterys for each 6x4 = 24batterys no way i can fit all those in there... and the wieght would kill my gas mileage more then the subs\box do lol

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1384
BTW if the battery isnt deepcycle, i think the voltage drops alot quicker also..... not positive... been a while since i studied my batterys lol

Bronze Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 14
quite the opposite, generally deep cycle batts dont discharge as fast, but can hold that lower voltage for longer.

one hc2400 is definitely not equal to 4 of the big everstart batts... perhaps 4 lawn mower batteries? The hc2400 is more along the lines of 1.5 everstarts.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10701
so far no1 on this thread has mentioned the toxic fumes u get off reg batts ......

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3579
Gel cell. Can be mounted upside down.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1391
whats the best batterys ouut there for about 300 a piece? Most power and good voltage...better then 12.5-12.8V

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1392
i was thinking 4 hc2400's for my setup.. but if i can get more power or somthing for cheaper... :-) lol its for 6k@2ohm daily and whatever i get at .5ohm..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us