System Videos. What do you use?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3023
Just wondering what some of you guys are using to record videos.. I'm looking to pick up a new Digital Camera/Recorder .. nto quite sure what to look for

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

Post Number: 536
I have had my camcorder for a year now and used it twice. A $1000 camcorder that just collects dust. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
Hey, wanna trade for stereo equipment? I could use some highs, crossover, or 4ch. amp.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-DSC-HC96E-HC-96E-HC96-PAL-Video-Camcorder_W0QQitemZ1900 80582615QQihZ009QQcategoryZ20333QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 3025
I've got some dayton silk dome tweets and dayton 7" euro woofers.. great mids with clean vocals.. using em for home theater right now.. got rid of the x-overs already though..

i was looking for something more along the lines of this .. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7867472&type=product&productCatego ryId=pcmcat103000050042&id=1142301544192 ..

but a name brand.. not too cheap but not too expensive.. im on aim/yahoo .. frkkevin maybe we can work a deal

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
It is the same as that one exactly, 120x zoom, Carl Zeiss, 3.0 mega pixels,

Gold Member

Post Number: 3026
msg me on aim/yahoo - frkkevin

or pm me.. frkkevin@yahoo.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 539
$800.00 > $34.00 , thanks for the offer though. I would consider a decent 4ch. amp and a crossover.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
$800.00 > $34.00 , thanks for the offer though. I would consider a decent 4ch. amp and a crossover.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002V2BQS

Gold Member

Post Number: 3027
where'd you come up with $34? Lol

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10224
i am using the video feature on my sony digital cam. it takes decent videos.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3455
I know what you mean man. Buddy of mine bought a dvd recorder about 5 years ago for $1000. He used it as a player and only burned one movie. Now its' broke. I got mine last year for $100. His wife still burns him for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
bad thing about those dvd recorders is you cant get past the copyrights. On a computer, you can burn an iso.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3489
It's also why I never took the plunge into plasma tv's. What's a good digital video recorder go for now anyway? $200-$300?

Silver Member

Post Number: 548
too much for what they do. Add a video card to your computer with vivo (video in / video out), and you can record t.v. programs on your computer. I had a dvd recorder and 50% of the movies I tried to burn were copy protected. So I got rid of it. I'm kind of an impulse buyer. If I see something cool, I want it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
Plasma's are great. You can get bigger for your money. The drawback is you can't use it on a computer, or video games because they have burn in. LCD's you can because they don't have burn in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
ooh, plasma's reflect light (you can see your reflection), and LCD's don't because they absorb light.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3490
My HP is about 3 years old so I'm not gonna dish out the $$ for any upgrades. I'll get a new pc in less than a year and I'm sure it'll come fully bangin'. Funny, I've got some good $$$ invested in my HT and I sit in front of my pc to watch movies sometimes.

Silver Member

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 564
You see, that is what a video card will do for you. Instead of watching movies on your computer, you can download a movie and send the signal to your t.v. without having to re-encode the file, burn and play on the dvd player. A video card is about $40 on e-bay. It is very easy to put in.

plus, there is no reason to buy a new computer. You can upgrade the one you have for hundreds less, and have a better computer than the one you would have bought.

Gold Member

A pic is worth 1000 words

Post Number: 3500
Yeah but I like spending $$
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us