Budget System for 97 Honda Civic

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4211
My younter brother has a 97 honda civic 4 door lx with stock speakers and entry level pioneer deck from 3 years ago.

He is interested in a sub or 2 and a amp and is on a $500 budget. He may even need a new HU and upgrade the speakers later aswell.

I can get 4 gauge kit from knukonceptz

Im thinking of 1 or 2 Infinity Referance 1250w singe 4 ohm vc's or a dvc 4 ohm versian if we go with one. Maybe a 300 rms mono amp or 500-600 mono amp for 2 of them.

He listens to mostly hiphop so it whould be nice to sound clean and have some thump to it. I realize these subs are really efficiant and whould compliment his charging system in that car.

What do you guys think ?

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 530
thatd be a good budget setup..actually for $500 plus shipping I can get you two DD 1012s on a JL 500/1, that will be a very clean good setup!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4212
Are you selling your used stuff. Im looking to make a new purchase with warranty etc.

I already have a 500/1 for my car and its a very nice amp which powers my 12w6v2 nicely.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3419
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/323109.html

i dont know if he'd be interested or not...but ill know on monday whether or not im keeping it all or not...just let me know if you are and if your not, no big deal, just throwing it out there

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 533
my subs will come with full warranty as i have never filled out the registration card but the amp is used and wont have the warranty, it is still in like new shape and that will make a good setup.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 258
Actually off crutchfield.com, not where I generally look for subs, but they have or had idk if they do anymore buy one get one free Infinity Kappa Perfect 12" subs rated at 350 rms each. So for 180 bucks plus tax/s&h you can get 2 kappa perfect 12s (another 50 give or take for a box), pick up a Kicker ZX750.1 for like 200-225 and then you ahve like 50 leftover. Idk if that's waht you want, but itd sound real good. Or get 2 AA Assassin 12s and get a 700 watt rms at 1 ohm amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us