Logan can i get ur opinion?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 330
130 shipped is a little much cuz im a little low on the fundage but i was wondering what you thought about this.

this box is for 2 12" SD2.5's
my box is 5 ft^3

-----------

the box i have designed has a port 4 inches high and 14 inches wide and if it is tuned to 32 hz it is about 17 inches long.

now if i keep the width and height the same (14x4) and only change the vent length then if i tune it to 36 hz the vent is only soposed to be 10 inches long and if i tune to 40 the the vent is soposed to be about 6 inches. will this be a problem. Now i can also change the height of my port from 4 inches to 5 or 6 but that would make the ft^3 for the vfent huge espessulay if i make it tuned to 40 hz the new dimensions would have to be 14Wx6Hx14L

i just dont know what do. Should i have the smaller port tunbed to 40hz but VERY short vent length or make the port size bigger and make the port length a little bigger?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3449
if u take some of the port off it will increase the cubic feet in the box and what u think u retuned it to will be wrong.
id build a new box or take off the port and board the port it on and do calcs to replace it

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5669
I would make it bigger with the length a little longer. I can also drop my price?

Silver Member

Post Number: 331
logan nothing against you but it will be very big to ship and i cant prob attempt to make the box for about the same price as the shipping would be. also im in woodshop at school so if i need to i can get my teacher to help and ill prob use the tools there to do it. if something goes wrong though ill talk to you about making it.

i was also wondering if a port can be too big. if i made it like 7 or 8 inches tall by 14 wide then i could make it longer but i was jw if theres ever a point where the port is too big

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3450
id say what logan meant was what he would do if he was in ur position

Silver Member

Post Number: 332
what? make the port size larger so it is longer... i can make the port 6 inches tall 14 wide and 17 long and get 38hz and then i will have 2 ft^3 after vent and sub displacment...should i make the box bigger so the subs get more room or do you think tis will be fine?

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 35
The SD2.5 series like 15-16 sq" of port opening area per net cubic foot of box volume. Try to make your port length/port area ratio so 16" of port length tunes to 40Hz.

Silver Member

Post Number: 334
how do i find out what the port opening is. as of right now my box is 6 inches high 14 wide and 16 deep. it is tuned to 38hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us