Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 326
alright i need some help.....
this box is for 2 12" SD2.5's
my box is 5 ft^3

-----------

the box i have designed has a port 4 inches high and 14 inches wide and if it is tuned to 32 hz it is about 17 inches long.

now if i keep the width and height the same (14x4) and only change the vent length then if i tune it to 36 hz the vent is only soposed to be 10 inches long and if i tune to 40 the the vent is soposed to be about 6 inches. will this be a problem. Now i can also change the height of my port from 4 inches to 5 or 6 but that would make the ft^3 for the vfent huge espessulay if i make it tuned to 40 hz the new dimensions would have to be 14Wx6Hx14L

i just dont know what do. Should i have the smaller port tunbed to 40hz but VERY short vent length or make the port size bigger and make the port length a little bigger?

PLZ HELP

Silver Member

Post Number: 327
or i could use 4 4" round ports. that are 14" long.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 568
I would just say stay with the port area you have now if you can fit the box. Or if you want round ports work well too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
ya but the port will only be 6 inches long if i stick with the measurement i have now

Bronze Member
Username: 40hz

N.C. Usa

Post Number: 65
use the measurements that audioque gives for their subs.16 inches of port opening per cubic foot of airspace.5 cubes x 16 would be 80 in of port opening, 16inches long will be 40hz.thats what they said,and thats what im gonna do w/my 15 2.5....4 cubes 64in of port 16 inches long.good luck,they also said 20 inches long would tune it to 36hz...but anyways thats the formula D.D. uses 16in of port per cuft.then make it 16 long to tune to 40hz.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us