Car trouble\repair

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1313
I just notice that alot of people tend to have car trouble on this forum and all... if your from around the chicago area and have any car trouble where u need a mechanic.... holla at me i can get you some good deals... transmissions or w\e.. my dad does it out of the garage, been doing it for like 30 years.... lifetime warranty..ect.... any questions.. just ask or PM me

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1502
How much does it cost to R&R a mufler bearing?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1321
im not sure about that one.. thats about the only thing he doesnt do... nothing with welding..

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1322
but id have to ask... to be sure

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1503
How much does it cost to R&R strut louvers?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3740
killa my transmission wont shift to ether gear how much will it be to repair it???

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3741
cmon kilal tell me asap this dude its charging me 400 to do the job and he will guranteeed it for 3 months cmon killa i need to know asap

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1329
i need specs on the ride.... what kind of ride, trans, auto\manual... year ect.. and is the trans still in the car..

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3743
yeah man the trans is in the car still drives but wont shift.

the car its a ford explorer 1996 4x4 automatic transmission wat more do you need??? cmon man tell me quick so if ur willing to do the job or your fatehr we can work this thing out cmon man tell me quick.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1913
I can tell you if its the diff, your talking 1500-2500 ballbark, depending on new or rebuilt. Good luck.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3744
uh???? i dont know but my local mechanic told me that

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1914
Used Diffs, from a junkyard go from 500-1000, Labor to put it in5-6 hours labor at 50 an hour So expect at least 900 if you can get deals.

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

Audioque Hd3, 15Thang USA

Post Number: 906
does he do alts :-)

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1330
He doesnt do Alt, and rob, ill talk to him in a few minutes, but off the top of my head.... it would be a rebuild with lifetime warranty and marc your pretty right on that, but it also depends on the ride\trans alot of them go for for less then 1000 depending on the style.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1331
just talked to him... he said he did about 8 explorer trans with week at work.. he wouldnt want to do the R&R on it for that reason (said they are a PITA for fords)but he can get a rebuild from his work for 1200~ give or take 200 depending on parts(torque convertor and stuff, it it needs one), but he said if you can remove\replace the trans he will rebuild the trans..just no R&R, but any chevy he said will probally be no problem to do.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1923
Yea, its not a pretty job. Had one done on a 96 Jeep Cheroke and it was $2400 all said and done.
87 dodge ram 1500 PU $1800. And like you said, thats without bearings, clutch, U joints, ECT. Its like having the motor go in a car. Almost worth junking it, or selling as parts.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1333
rob, scan the OBD2. Autozone will do that for free. Get the error codes you get back and let me know what they are i will see what i can do.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1925
Depending on the vehicle, If you turn the key all the way on then off 3 times, But not start, It will display the codes. Again providing you have digital display.

Gold Member

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3746
yo killa but the transmission its not fuked up since the last time it was the code of the shift solenoid b performance or stuck off and alot of people told me to do a transmission flush and we did it with some trans machine, then it was all good then they tryed to remove the solenoid but they didnt do it since we got the worng pieces, then when they put the oil pan on the tranny the transmission was acting really bad. let me know wat u think killa.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1358
unplug the ecm under the hood on the firewall
10mm bolt unplug go push the brake for 5 -10 sec
plug back in and try see if the o/d light flashing?
if yes recheck for codes ?????????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us