Best DRT-26 Tweeter for Detail: Silk or Aluminum?

Bronze Member
Username: Tc_skier

Post Number: 96
Which one has better detail, the silk or aluminum one? Also, by how big of a margin? And which one is more laid back? I'm assuming silk is more laid back?

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 696
i'm kind of a newb but i've done some reading lately and the impression i got is that silk would be very mellow yes. Aluminium i think gives you more durability and sharp, snappy highs.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 174
I don't know much on this either. But in the entry level market, silk will generally sound smother and mellower then a metalic dome tweeter. But with higher end tweeters, metallic dome tweeters can sound just as good as silk(soft) dome tweeters. Higher end metallic tweets are generally made out of titanium or other higher quality materials other then aluminum.
just my 2 cents, could be a little wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 175
cheap metalic dome tweets sound very sharp.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1441
the silk drt-26s is laid back at mid to low volumes. Push it and it gets incredibly loud but keeps all its detail. Metal is more precise at the low and mid volumes and is slightly better on the vocals but when put to high volumes the vocals for me were drowning out some of the higher mids. PM me if you have questions about CDT
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us