Im paranoic

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 55
du!!!!!
okay im crazy now im comparing a lot of subs and amp on the net. and here is the thing.
one of my friends use to have jl audio and it was great, but i think he had the w6, so here is the questoin it is worted to go 50 buck more per sub to change from alpine type r to go to jl 12w3v2?

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 261
i wouldnt

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3312
depends what you want. i had both and the r will get alot louder but the w3 has alot better sq. where you live at, i have a pair of w3's for sale in ct. or close by only (for now).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Tucson Az, but think i will stick with alpine then, thanks anyway

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3313
how much power you giving each r and what kind of box they in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
well im planning on the jbl 1200.1 so that is around 1110 rms or something like that. so pretty much the 500 rms they are made for, and for the box i have no idea yet, im useless when it comes to building things with wood so i think i will buy a box, on the net they go for around 50 bucks on techronics.com, but im still unsure if i should buy a sealed or ported. what do you think? (i havent bought anything yet)

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3314
that amp will be good but they can handle more power. get with mike loudon and get his kicker kx1200.1 (my old amp). perfect for them and you'll get about 700wrms+ to each from that amp. and definately go ported and don't buy a prefab. either make one or have one made for you. look at the thread "anyone need a box made" or something, and get logan (think that's who) to make a box for you, tuned from about 32-35hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
well i have to think that with the wallet... im on a budget, and thanks for the information about the box, i will let him know as soon as i get the subs, im thinking about buying them tomorrow...
tomorrow is going to be a sad day for my wallet and a good day for my creditcard company :'(

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 168
That JBL 1200.1 is underated just like the kicker. Most kicker 1200.1's bench around 1400-1450. A jbl 1200.1 should bench around 1350-1400. Very close. THe kicker may have it beat, but not by a noticiable amount. get the JBL and save a few bucks.

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 67
will do
thanks nick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us