Sounds like...

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1324
I found the problem with my Treo. I think I blew a VC. How? I don't know... a few weeks after I got it it starting making this springy, shaky kinda weird noise on the highs (I know that doesn't describe it very well), but it still sounds good on the lows. I can't take the weird noise anymore so I'm probably gonna uninstall the b!tch soon and think about what to get next. Another option is to have Treo fix it, but no telling how much that will cost, and it may not even be something they can do so I would be screwed. I'm in a bind... Just thought I'd share for no reason, unless anyone has an idea as to why the VC blew (if it did at all)

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 135
you can take an Ohm meter and check the resistance on the coils. If its different from what the specs are, then something is up. Sometimes local car audio shops can do simple recones to their own speakers, and sometimes the sub is under warranty. Just for thought though, make sure that it is the voice coil. Make sure you are not getting any tinsel lead slap or your leads are too short when you get into higher Xmax's or frequencies.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 551
Dang. If it is blown that sucks. I have heard that treo doesnt exactly have the best customer service either so it may be hard for you to get it fixed.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10213
you have to pay for shipping to them. then around 3-4 weeks later you get a call saying what the problem is. then if you decide to fix it, they will charge you an arm and a leg. then you have to pay for shipping back. the whole process would cost you alot of money and time. i would say you would get your sub back in like 3 months.

when i blew my ssi's, i had the dealer where i bought them from send it back. for a month i didn't hear anything. then the dealer said it won't be under the warranty. it was only 2 months since i bought it. the dealer told me they will try to get it fixed but if i didn't want to wait, they would give me another pair for $100 each. so i ended up doing that.

for some reason those treo guys sux with their aftersale customer service. many of the competitors are not using treos anymore cause if they need a recone, treo has to do it and it takes forever.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 557
Exactly what I have heard about them too Chad. I really hope yours isnt blown just becuase of the hassle you will have to go through to get yours fixed.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 190
What amp are you running. It could have been clipping.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1327
Hifonics BX1500, I'm not too worried about it. I bought the sub used for 180 bucks :-). I'll just get something else, even though it's still very good on the lows. It just wont play anything above probably 45 hz without making that weird springy noise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us