PIONEER DEH-P300 EQ Settings help!

Username: Hellotina

NY

Post Number: 1
A used car I bought over the summer came with the pioneer deh-p300. It works great when I listen to CDs or the radio. The problem is when I plug my ipod in. Everything sounds REALLY off (like, you can't even hear any singing, really loud guitars) and I've tried to change the EQ settings but it didn't come with a manual so I have no idea how to do it (part of the problem is that I don't know anything about EQ settings). I also tried the EQ settings on my ipod but they suck and are useless. How can I change the settings so that everything sounds right? or is there anywhere I can get the manual for this? (for free :]) Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3113
almost sounds like somehting is getting a bad connection with your ipod, how do you have it connected?

NY

Post Number: 2
I'm using an FM transmitter that plugs into my cigarette lighter. Could that be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 389
The transmitter could definitely be part of the problem. You may want to try an IP-Bus interface cable like this and then run an RCA to Mini plug cable like this to your iPod. I used that method with my DEH-P5800, worked great. However, the iPod will generally be quieter than your other sources (CD,Radio). I used the Belkin Auto Kit, which has a small amp that helped to even out the sound in tandem with the Ip-bus cable. The auto kit also uses the dock connector rather than the headphone port which will improve your sound and it charges the iPod as well.

The whole deal looked like this. The IP-Bus cable is hooked to the deck behind the dash, then the blue cable is the RCA to Mini plug that goes to the Belkin kit. Then there's a cable that goes from the Belkin kit to the iPod dock. It may seem like a lot to deal with but it was the best solution for me and sounded great.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3125
yeah those transmitters suck, direct connetion is the way to go.

let me explain how i have mine set up. i have the ip bus to RCA conveter then a RCA to 3.5mm jack which goes to an ipod "dock" or the little stand. in the back of the stand there is a place to plug in the 3.5mm jack and a place to plug in an ipod charger. now you dont have to plug and unplug things into your ipod you just set it on the stand and its good to go.

i dont know with your lower model HU but with mine you can adjust the input leval that way you wont need the thing darek was talking about to leval out the sound

NY

Post Number: 3
I will definitely try that! Thank you so much!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us