Components; Amp Kits; Kick Panel Enclosures

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 668
Okay a few questions for ya guys...

1. I was looking at getting the amp kit seen in the link below to hook up my EDnine.1 with my arsenals. Would this amp kit also supply me with the appropriate wiring and what not to hook up a separate 2channel amp with a pair of component sets up front, or do i need a 2nd amp kit?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15609

2. What is everyones experience/opinion on kick panel enclosures. I was doing a lot of reading on components installation today as i'm getting ready to do my first install soon, and i read that kick panel enclosures are a great way to make sure everything fits well, sounds good, and installs more easily. True story?

3. Lastly i read up on crossovers and i think i now have SOME understanding for what they do...but they didn't seem to come up in the installation discussion...where physically do they end up being installed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
"Rich boy sellin crack, broke n!@#$'s wanna jack, sit tight don't slack, just bought a cadillac, THROW SOME D'S ON DAT B!TCH! just bought a cadillac THROW SOME THROW SOME D'S ON DAT B!TCH!"

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3092
get your amp kit from knukoncetz.com get the KLM kit its cheap and good

as for building kicks. if your willing to put alot of time into fiberglassing them then yes go for it. dont buy qlogics they suckass. and passive crossovers are generally installed near the woofer but if need be they can be installed in the back by the amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 672
okay the article i read WAS refering specifically to the qlogic ones, i think they're called "qforms" just wondering cuz i hadn't heard of em b4.

amp kit looks good but what size fuse do i wanna choose?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3095
jsut get the 250a

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
is it just me though, or does the absolute kit that i had picked out come with a bunch more stuff for barely more money?

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3101
yeah it gets more stuff but its probly pretty crappy. to be honest i havnt heard of absolute wires and they may not be real 1/0g and the rcas might suck and stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
What do any of you know or have heard about components by brands like MB Quart, Eclipse, Phoenix Gold, JL, Diamond???? Any of these brands particularly good or bad with components?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us