Is this alpine amp good PDX-1.1000

Silver Member
Username: Razzeldazzel06

Post Number: 202
is the alpine PDX-1.1000 a very good amp?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2006
if you pay 300+ for it, not worth it. good amp? maybe for people who want style and a custom looking car. but I wouldn't use it for a spl, sql system. I rather get something else.

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 829
x2

Silver Member
Username: Jonesp

Post Number: 152
what are you guys talking about? that alpine amp is alot better than thoes hifonics crap. i have the mrd and my friend bought the pdx, and neither one of them is as bad as you make them seem. i bet most of you have never even heard one. the pdx is better than the mrd more wattage. they never cut off over heat ect. there completly digital so if you hook two together you can have the exact same gaine and stuff with ease. i bought my mrd for roughly 240 i have never had a problem with it. and there slighty under rated my mrd is rated at 1126rms

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

[:-]15 Wangers Club[:-] Premier Member

Post Number: 5590
LMFAO they didnt say it was bad...theres just better out there..

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
my bad i just got up and i missread it but the amp is ok no crazy wattage enough to run 2 cvr 2 type-r stuff around that grade

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
is it enough to run two jl 10w6's??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3279
yes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
is it good enough for daily driving? and not getting hot?? compared to a jl 1000/1?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
of course not. just look at the specs. jl always puts out 1000w. no matter what ohm or voltage.

dont take that to literal. but basically true

take one look at the prices also

and no it doesn't get hot it has duel fans and crap and amps dont make daily driving subs do

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3281
oh god, not the daily driving question again. asking about "is it good enough for a daily driver" is about the same as asking a subs sq, everyone is different. what may be a good dd for you might be to loud/not loud enough for someone else. but yes a pair of 10w6's will make a nice daily driver imo. that alpine as good as a jl 1000/1, far from it. jl amps own alpine, but the alpine will still get the job done nicely and wont cost as much. and the jl 1000/1 isn't 1ohm stable.

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 832
hifonics isnt bad at all. its just overrated. a lot of amps are

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
i went to 6th avenue electronics..and the one that i went to is extrememly known throughout the u.s. for unbelievable and crazy installs..on the pioneer website they did some of the cars for the sema show and others..the guys there i assume know there stuff...they said the alpine amp is better for daily use because the jl 1000/1 gets hot but the alpine PDX-1.1000 never gets hot and is better then the jl 1000/1 overall..this i what they said to me...what do you guys think??

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3288
lie^^^^^^^^^^^^

maybe they were refering to the jl being ran at 1ohm which i have seen done and it does it got and shuts off after awile. i would take the alpine over the jl in your case only because it is 1ohm stable.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3289
meant "does get hot"^

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
isnt the two 10w6's 4 ohm stable???it says that on the site...and then the alpine amp is lik 1000rms x 2 ohm and 1000 rms x 4 ohm soooo???

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
anyone??????

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3293
true, didn't think of that, most have been another amp i was thinking of. still, for a very reputable shop to say a jl amp is inferior to an alpine amp is stupid and i'd think of going somewhere else after being told that. get the 2 10w6's, the jl 1000/1 amp and you'll be happy.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3295
o.k. just reread your post, i must be tired or something. either amp would work for those 10w6's, so it comes down to what you can afford. the jl amp is by far a better amp than the alpine amp. not saying the alpine is bad but it's just not up to par with the jl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
agree^^^

that shop idiot is trying to get you for your money because that alpine amp yeilds a higher profit than that jl and i bet there not selling many b/c alot of people think alpine is only good for h/u

Silver Member

Post Number: 212
he was giving me the amp for like 599 or 699....and the jl 1000/1 is lik 899 so the jl is more profitable...so you guys think the jl is better then the alpine amp for a daily driver...i dont wnat my amp getting hot or like shutting down or somethin cause im gonna be using it a lot so what you think????

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 3311
go here: www.forum-circuitcity.com and never come back if you are going to ask the same question a thousand times. not to sound rude, but damn it's annoying.

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 489
Anna nicole Smith dies at age 39

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 46
well tou should buy the jl amp at the shop for 899, my opinion the always are expensive at the shop in my opinion, when you can get the jl audio at http://sonicelectronix.com/item_1170.html for 699 + ship and the alpine at http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3941
for 533.25 with free shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us