Looking for my first system HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 40
I have a 05 altima. with a pioneer DEH-P6800MP and my budget is $1300 installed, im serious i dont want to install it because i know i will mess my car up. :-( and i want a installer guarantee.
so im looking to buy 2 12" woofers, 1 set of comp speakers, 1 set coax. 2 amps. a box for the subs (thinking about a sealed box) and the wiring kits for the amps. and i want sound quality.
I was kind of liking the idea of having 2 12" type R, but i havent bought anything yet, and if i put 2 amps would i kill my alternator?
well that is it, thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1997
<<< Started 4 years ago. I went from installing HU's, to understanding how to install an amplifier, to installing my subs, to installing components. If you take the time to learn, you WILL LEARN. Guaranteed! The only thing you may need real help on is a box. Thats if your going to take the time to build your own. If you want to install audio equipment and be on the safe side. Main thing is to take off your ground wire on your battery. Its not to hard man. Just take some time to learn, its better that way.

As for equipment.
2 Fi ssd's 12's $380
https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545c9ba52307ee/shopdata/0030_SSD/product_overview.shopscript

1 Elemental Designs nine.1 $300 with coupon
1 Kicker zx200.4
http://cgi.ebay.com/06-KICKER-ZX200-4-200-WATT-4-CH-AMPLIFIER-BEST-DEAL_W0QQitem Z180081735296QQihZ008QQcategoryZ79823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Use these components. Affordable so you can get both front and back.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=14&mfg_accou nt_ID=57&category_id=10

As for amp kit, don't worry about that for right now.

Total of all equipment above is roughly $1k. You can buy used and save some money.

---------------------------------
I would recommend buying goin deafs DD1012's subwoofers, 120 each = 240 total. Very nice subwoofers.

I'm sure someone has a subwoofer you can power these with. so yeah man, you can save some money buying used but in like new condition from some of these members.

well hope this helps. late.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1998
"I'm sure someone has a subwoofer you can power these with"
Edit. I meant "I'm sure someone has a amp you can power these with"

This is what happens when you work nights for 12hrs and get real sleepy :D.

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 827
i think your gonna need some more money.

i only got a sub, amp, HU, box, and wires and it was 825...but i got a 15inch and a 1000 watt amp...soooooo

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3326
i did my whole system for under 1300...i think about 1100...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
right now i will have 2 alpine typer r 12" inch amp phoenix gold octane series for 1000 rms at 2 ohms, polk audio momo MC6500 (6.5 comp) + rockford 2 channel amp 125 x 2 at 2 ohms + sub box (sealed) + 2 amp kits. for just under 1k, is this okay??? im not sure about the sub amp, is it any good?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
bump
opinion please

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
PLEASE
somebody just tell me this will work as a good system (budget and first system of course)
and also should i buy 2 amp kits, one for each amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
didnt BUMP

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1308
why ask if you already have the equipment... the SSD would probably sound better and get louder for about the same price...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
i havent bought anything yet...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3401
i liked bernys responses...i thought he nailed it

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4112
why. Try changing that octane amp for a JBL gto1201.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
I can do that, what about the amp powering the polk audio, do i power the with the PG or Kicker KX250.2
and should i go polk audio momo or infinity kappa?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us