Phoenix Gold vs JBL

Bronze Member
Username: Smoke05

Post Number: 37
I posted this on the amp section, but nobody answered
Im trying to cut down the price of my system and i saw in the list of amp. quality that both are good, but i have never heard of phoenix gold. is it good?
Phoenix Gold Octane R15.0 or JBL GTO 1201.1
i want to use them with 2 alpine type R 12" 500rms each
so can i change ro phoenix gold without losing sq?
thanks
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1283
Well sq would probally be a little better with the JBL, the JBL freq. response covers 10Hz-300hz~ the Pheonix Gold i think is 30Hz-300hz~ somthing like that but im pretty sure the JBL has a lower freq. response so it would get the lower lows better i think. Also the JBL will do more then 500rms to each sub, but you have to run it 2ohm(u prolly knew that). But then the Phoenix Gold has a higher DB boost i think, the JBL is like 12db and i think the Gold is 15db.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
thanks killa!!!! :D
so just to be clear, either way is okay, u mean JBL is a little better sound quality, but still right now im in a tight budget so i think I will go with phoenix gold. so i only have one more question, the phonix gold wont overheat or shut down, right?
thanks again

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1285
I dont think it should, what VC config would you be wiring it at? You have to run it at 2ohms if you dont want it overheating, set the gain correctly, and be able to power it good enough, a decent stock chargins system can get away with 1000rms~ but thats about it, Either way it should still sound good.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1286
but i would personnaly shop around a bit more, throw a price range out and people can help you find somthing better for the price.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
im also plannig to install a Phoenix Gold Octane R8.0, to power 2 6.5 comp. infinity kappa and 2 6x9 coax.
I have a 05 altima. and i want to install 2 type r 12" and my budget is $1300 installed, im serious i dont want to installed because i know i will mess my car up. :-(
and i want a installer guarantee.
so im looking to buy 2 12" woofers, 2 comp speakers, w coax. 2 amps. a box for the subs (thinking about a sealed box) and the wiring kits for the amps. and i want siund quality.
well that is it, thanks for your help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us