Break in?

Bronze Member
Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 98
Do new subs really need to be broken in?

Silver Member
Username: Dub_c

Post Number: 213
Thats the only time you can break in subs(When they are new), you cant break them in any other time. SUBS should ALWAYS be broken in, sh!t some regular speakers should be broken in as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 38
Technically, yes. I would go easy on both the Bass AND Volume settings at first. Listen to your stereo system this way for about 2 weeks. Then, you can turn up the settings gradually, then you'll hear a HUGE difference. I didn't believe in this until it happened to me. When I first got my single 12" SQ sub, I couldn't hear s.h.i.t no matter how high I turned up those 2 settings. So, I went thru the pain of breaking them in for 2 weeks, and now, I can't even take my bass at half strength.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 352
I'm can't say that you're completely wrong, but that seems a little exagerated... ^^^^

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11363
u dont have to break a sub in...u can if u want to..but u dont have 2...also there is an option on this forum called "SEARCH" use it...

Bronze Member
Username: Foong_one

Post Number: 39
Ben, you can choose to believe it or not, dude. But, I'm just simply telling people what really happened to me. No exageration. Maybe other people experienced differently. I don't know.

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1573
chauncey.... lol

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3082
people think they need to play them soft to break them in but all breaking in does is loosen up the suspension and stuff so really you should play them loud to loosen them up

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3335
chauncey really is gonne start being mean to people lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1275
^^ Hell yeah!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums