TTB vs TCAB

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1564
ok so whats the arguments for each? i researched both a little and i personaly would think TTB would produce more output, IMO. they sell plans so im thinking of buying an all out spl box just for comps. which you think would be better?

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 412
i have a tcab and i love it...i don't think you could go wrong with either

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3000
TTB FTW.... they can do a lot more than TCAB.. plus you can just get the plans and do it yourself rather than pay 200+ for something you could have built for $50 or less

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2413
Who holds a higher score and in how many classes? Polo..

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1568
hell i dont know ? y dont u tell me thats the point of this thread, lol

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1569
so who holds the the higher score?

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
well mark did a 56.6 with 2 15" type r's

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1570
with which box? what car?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3004
I find it funny how all the numbers mostly with TCAB are for Type Rs.. I want to see some numbers with some better subs :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
haha kevin...you'll see with mine

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1266
it was either a wagon or a smal SUV... i saw the vid for it

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1571
isnt tuan from ttb a ญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญญ2006 DBDRAG World Champion.

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
mark was a meca world champ

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1572
ok so, so far their 1 and 1........

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10122
they are both geniuses. you give both of those guys any sub and they will make it bump hard.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1575
hey chad imma get tuan to design me a box for 2 3512's.......ftmfw!

and for my 1 12.......ftmf daily!

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1576
http://forum.realmofexcursion.com/showthread.php?t=19172

wow these to companies get fought over alot...

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 166
Well, that's what happens when one company makes claims against another company's designs, every one has their " b0ners ".

Me, I don't make any claims what so ever, I just design and build custom sub enclosures to the customers requirements to a high degree of quality.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 4210
Phil makes really nice sub enclosures. I have gotten about 3 enclosures from him. Reasonable prices and you get what you pay for.

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 774
how do i contact team toxic bass????? i wouldnt mind having them design my next box.....

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10136
"Phil makes really nice sub enclosures. I have gotten about 3 enclosures from him. Reasonable prices and you get what you pay for."

i second that. i got one enclosure from him and possibly another one coming soon. its flawless. seriously flawless.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1577
adam go to teamtoxicbass.com and contact him off there you can buy the bluprints or just the box. now i have never used either so im not tryin to start nothing but i read every thread on that site and on one the guy from tcab was on there and said he cant match ttb's price shipped.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2415
Well at least he is honest, lol. There is a difference building to spec and building from a proven design. Building to a customers spec doesn't leave much in the way for the builders choice of what he thinks would be louder or sound better. I have seen enclosures that looked awesome and looked like it would be loud but in the real world it wasn't at all. If you are into all about the looks and want a show box then hay go for the others, because they sure are pretty. But if you want a guarranteed tried, proven and fully tested box with moderate-just down right plain looks then go with a TCAB box. Now as far as buying plans, they are just that a plan but they are in no wayyy tried or proven to work with your vehicle and may just end up costing more for your time, effort and materials to build yourself. I am sorry for me to build a box will cause me to lose much more money than it would for another to do it in a fraction of the time.. JMHO.. Polo.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 167
Polo,

I've been down this road more time's than I got fingers and toes and the fact of the matter is Mr. Potts has taken more than few swipes at me on various forums.

There ain't nothing overly special in terms of building an enclosure to perform given what the customer wants and you make sound like there's so all knowing secrets involved.

What's your definition of loud, he!!, anything can be loud and you know full well there's more to what sound loud and being loud.

And contrary to what you think, not everyone is all about being heard 50 fr!ggin miles away, I've built enclosure that are loud and sound good doing it, but, I don't go around claiming this of that nor do I go around talking smak about about another person or company.

I build what to what the customer wants and offer suggestions as well as to how it could be improved upon if a customer wants to know what I think, then I tell them, it's not my position to tell the customer what I think they should get.

It called " CUSTOMER SERVICE " and I give the customer exactly what they want, that's why customers both repeat and new do business with me because I'm not about blowing sunshine up their azz.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2417
Nobody was attacking nore even talking about you Phil. If you have a problem with Mr Potts then fine but leave me out of it. I do agree there is no special trick to making enclosures it just comes down to building skills and from what I have seen of yours looks to be nice. I stick with what I know and I know Mark Potts boxes. Mark also has a variety of boxes for different setups, you know "different strokes for different folks". Most people now a days look for louder setups but I agree one that is louder and sounds good is the better for me! Polo..

BTW- Mark is also the youngest out of all of you so when he hits your guys age I am curious on what he would be capable of LMFAO.. :-O

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 892
tuan is pretty young himself, not knowing marks age though...
there all very very decent box builders seens tuans in person and the other two phil and mark only seen on vids nice boxes though props to all

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1578
knowledge is proven and both companies seem to have some. im not paying for a box or for their plan, im paying for their knowldge. if i have built thousands of boxes and hundreds of designs i wouldnt pay at all. the fact is after building that many boxes for that many applications you have no choice but to learn alot.

Polo, it seems you have a problem with TTB and unless you gave both companies the same info and told them to build a box for the same specs in the same car and then metered both (if ur going for spl only otherwise metering isnt an official box test) and one was beter then and only then can you say ones better but according to TCAB they havent had a challenge between the 2 yet even though both companies are sure their design would win.

"But if you want a guarranteed tried, proven and fully tested box with moderate-just down right plain looks then go with a TCAB box."

come on Polo ur way more knowledgable than that, you know just becuase its tested in my car doesnt mean its the same in your car.

ex. 2 12" premier subs were in my car i took them out and put the entire system into my friends caddilac, no where the same. but u already know this.

now when you get a quote from TTB they want to know not only the dimensions you have to work with but also the distance from the box to the listening position, something TCAB never ask for and i have gotten a quote from them. unless they have every type of car in their garrage this seems like something that would be good to know.

a flared slot port and aeroports seem to be the limit of their design , proven = maybe but TTB offers thouse and way more. i have yet to see a TCAB box with DD subs in it. i have however with the TTB and the guys that have switched from their spl boxes to the TTB boxes have all been suprisingly happy.

now do i know which is better? NO. do you? no truth of the matter is you will never be able to take just one box and put it in your car and it be perfect. im on my 3rd now 1 i buil and 2 shops built. this will be my 4th and i have went from 139.2 all the way up to 143.12 on 1000wrms. now when i get the TTB box if i dont pass 143.12 then ill post and say it if i hit 143.12 but with better SQ or past 143.12 than it will be worth it for a 25 dollar plan.

now i dont think TCAB are bad boxes i in fact think the opposite i strongly believe they are great boxes but for my application i think TTB will surpase my expectations.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1579
nuff said!

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1276
Haha well it looks like you answered your own question richard!

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1580
well basically i did, after i researched more. i still have no way of telling which is better but in all actuality no one does! but i do feel like im getting the one that will fit me better.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3728
chill out man its juzz abox if you really into boxes go get your cherrios boxes and test it out damn..........

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2418
lOl Richard you are funny. When I said tried and proven I did mean in a particular vehicle on per say all sedans, two doors or SUV's but the make, model and year of vehicle. Marks in fact does make vehicle specific boxes. I never said Mark makes all types of boxes and usually stents his experience over ported boxes. Most companies who spread there work over several different types of boxes and sells plans on top of it is only really out there for one thing, money. I have no problem with TTB, nore did any of my posts depict so but the fact is I stick with what I know and until others that are available selling there enclosures going up against TCAB and beating them in competitiion I will keep buying Marks boxes. BTW if Mark can build a box with a single 15" R and hit over a 150 when most here have failed to do so with more than one, I then do not think he is doing to bad, lol. Polo..

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1581
i agree with you on that i said i believe their boxes are great. they both make vehicle specific boxes, ok? ok. TCAB charges more right? right. TTB put their money from making boxes into the website and to host events, correct? correct! 1 15" type r in a crx no problem (per say) i 15" type r in the back of a caddilac deville? i bet my check he cant! now im not and havent said 1 time that TTB is better or there r bad things about TCAB, im just stateing that i believe for my app. TTB would work better and i could be wrong. i dont wanna argue with you polo that wasnt my intentions, i like u. i was just saying that no one has the right to say 1 is better than the other when there are way too many factors involved. u like ur box and thats great im glad u support the company that you promote. i will try TTB and if it sux ill say it sux and buy a TCAB, and if its great ill say that. but if i go up even a half DB i will believe it was worth a 25 dollar plan and a couple hours fooling around with a friend drinkin beer and buildin a box.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3093
personally i think there is alot more statisfaction in building your own box not paying out the a s s for one, even if it fa rts louder then the other one.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3094
oh and polo just because he can hit 150 dont mean to much. sean broke 150 with a 12 xplode

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1287
You all are gonna make chad feel bad with all this 150 talk using 1 budget sub.... haha

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 997
That Xplode also blew up lol...the Type R didn't :-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3100
so rob, subs blow in comps all the time. and yeah the type r is a better sub than an xplode but the point is its all in the box. and the box wasnt tcab or ttb

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 258
i would buy a TCAB :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 86
I wouldn't get a TCab , not after Mark ripped off all those people.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3429
and not to try to get in the argument or steer richard away from his decision but plans start at 40 bux from TTB lol

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3811
if you guys really put in the research time you'll see why TTB is better if you want an SQL setup for your application. the plans are worth 40$. he charged me 25 but i gave him 40 i think it was as a tip.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2420
BTW Matt if you would have read the X-plode had 4K on it and was tuned to I think it was 80hz in a BP enclosure and TCAB's was at 41hz with less than half the power and was still able to play music daily... I'll say it again, it is all about apple and oranges and each sells there specialty that is why Mark limits what he sells. I am not telling anyone to buy TCAB's sh!t because if you did he wouldn't have time for my new box BUT don't knock his product he has plenty of records to prove that it does indeed work. :-) Polo..

PS- Francisco, I have been to Marks house and I have 35 thug, southside bread, hard working mutha's that would help there boss out at any time.

I
M

G
E
T
T
I
N

M
Y

S
H
I
T

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1583
plans start at 25 accoriding to TTB the site says 40 but it depends on what u ask 4!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us