Look at the huge amp.

Silver Member
Username: Nickb4247

Post Number: 154
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/322235.html
Killerz posted this in the amps section. Steve Meade is tha man.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
Inorder to put out 15000 watts rms @ 14.4 volts that amp needs 1300amps. Thats insane. But, I noticed there is only one positive and ground. I would assume its 00awg. But is that even enough to carry 1300amps from the engine compartment to the batts to the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1276
You can carry almost any current through 1-8ga. wire i mean NOT ANY bust most, it all depends on how far of a run the wire is, and with that amp i would think the batterys are recommended to be no further then 1ft away from the amp, (shortest power wires possible)... or you can always take a bunch of runs, and dist. blocks then carry it back to a 00ga. before going to the amp. There are lots of possibilitys

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3049
00 um you mean 4/0 iv never heard of 00???

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
True, just seems that with that much money invested in an amp it would be a little bit more flexible. Like maybe four 0awg for both power and ground.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Sit and Look pretty

Post Number: 3719
man that guy its insane he probably paid aourn 10k because he got like a 5k discount.

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

Ohio DD Z1 you wi...

Post Number: 216
according to rf the amp max current draw is 350 if i remebe right but you can find it on rf site if ya want to know for sure

Gold Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 1245
yep max of 350amp draw. read up on the design of the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2404
How is that possible, I draw more than 235A with only two Kicker sx1250.1 with 9dbs of BB at 32hz, lol. Polo.. :-O

Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 3
the t15kw is a sort of hybrid amp. it only draws 300 amps. the difference is that it draws 300 amps ALL THE TIME. and its not steves amp. its chickens (the one who owns the ext, and the navigator, and the other escalade that this particular amp is going in) it will be powering 8-18" fi btl's... and chicken paid $19,xxx for it. he got NO DISCOUNT for it... they dont discount that amp to anyone. as a matter of fact, the price went up this year to 25,000...

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2411
Ya but how the hell do you take only 300A and make 15KW out of it? What is it full of Tesla coils? :-O Polo..

Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 4
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=22294 feel free to read this link.... or i can find you a few more links if you would like to read about this technology...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us