Fi.Q, Fi.Bl or HD3...plz help

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque HD3, Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 227
alright hopfully this will be my last post about what sub to get...

i will be giving the sub 1000rms and im looking for deep bass and you
can
really feel. im getting a 12" sub. i was wondering if i should get the

Fi.Q
Fi.Bl (loaded)
HD3

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1239
BL and HD3 are more SPL oriented? The Q is SQ oriented. What do you want?

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
well i dont want it to sound S*!tty but i want it to be extreamly loud and feel and hear the bass from far away. so probly more spl but still a little sq

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
didnt bump...again

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3276
why do you have "audioque hd3" as your place in your profile...do you have it already?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3030
well 1k isnt much for the hd3 and it certanly would to stupid to run a fully loaded bl on 1k. and if you really want that deep low hard hitting bass get a 15 if you can fit one. but if i were you id get a SSD or a Q

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1242
Get an HD3

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
o i put HD3 a wile ago cuz i was about to order it but then my mom decided not to let me use her credit card so getting my new sub has been delayed. i would get a 15" but its going in the back a an extended cab truck so i only have enough room for a 12". what about if i get the bl not loaded? also heres the stats for my amp and i was wondering if you think i could squeze any more power out of it if i wired it at a lower ohm. at the moment im planning on wiring it at 2 ohm getting 1000rms

Number of channels:
1 / Mono Block
Max power output: 2000 Watts
RMS power 2-ohm: 1000 Watts
RMS power 4-ohm stereo: 500 Watts
Damping factor: >800
Cross over slopes: 24dB/OCT
THD: >0.016
SNR: 104dB

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
basicly im more worried about spl then sq and i want the deep low hard hitting bass

ive got 1000rms to use

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 224
Get a BL with the pole chamfer option. It would Give you a little headroom and work just fine with ur amp.

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 237
what does the pole chamfer option do? and should i get the extreme lead? alo what is the universal option?

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 226
"If you are looking to use the sub for a daily purpose, I would think about the pole chamfer as the first option to do. It will relieve pressure under the dustcap and get things flowing better for minimal cost. After that, its somewhat of a tossup between the full cooling or flatwind. Both add thermal power handling... and to similar levels in some applications. If I were wanting to use 1500W+ Id probably get both. Anything under that and you can pretty much take your pick... Also, please reserve the BTL leadwire for predominantly SPL applications. The leadwire handles very higher power/current, but it also leads to noise in some applications as well as wear on the top spider if used for high excursion. Is this an issue for SPL or some louder daily drivers? Not at all... but if this isnt your application, dont get it. The standard stuff is as large as most use on their super uber SPL monsters... and they dont have issue :-)
"

SCott from FI

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 238
alright so if i get the bl with the pole chamfer should my box be 2.5 cubic feet after sub and vent displacment?

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 239
o and i was planning on tuning it to 33hz

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 228
That would work well.

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 240
heres the box i plan on making for the Bl what do you think...

Upload

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 241
also if i want the bl to run off 2ohms i should order the dual 1ohm sub and wire it in parralell?

Silver Member

FL USA

Post Number: 230
yes and yes

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3037
hmm i might consider a SSD though before the BL

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 252
ya but the ssd only says it handles 800rms. would it sound better then the bl or r u just saying that to save me money sence im only putting 1000rms to the bl?

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 253
or wouldnt the q even be better then the ssd

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3042
watt for watt the SSD will be louder then the Q untill you hit like 1k that is where the Q startes taking over. its hard to quickly explain that the sub will very rarly if ever see an actuall 1000rms and the SSD can take 1k anyway so really i think it would be a little louder if you get it over the other choices. the SQ on them is supposed to be ok as well

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 255
hmm ill have to sleep on this...its between the bl and the ssd

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1261
well i dont think any of them are going to sound sh!tty as long as its a nice install, if you arent to worried about it hitting every single freq. that is sent to it.. get the HD3\BL if you want it to catch more freq. then the Q. but if you want more bass... get the BL or HD3 they will still sound nice.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1968
the sq on the hd3 is really nice. Right now my hd3's are getting about 1k each and they sound really good imo. and you can give it more power when you can afford to. so if i was in your situation, i would get the hd3 or bl. why? bc i know I can supply it more power when needed and they work as fine at 1k.

Silver Member
Username: Brady_f

Waco, Texas USA

Post Number: 112
i just got my Bl 15" in today. I ordered it loaded b/c like berny said, its always nice to know you can upgrade your amp at any time. As soon as i get my amp installed i will let you know how it sounds

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1984
you recieved it today or ordered it today? w/e it is post pics if it came in today :D.

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 258
well then idk if i should get the bl loaded or the HD3 becuase there about the same price. or i could just get the bl with pole chamfer and flat windcoils. im not worried about hitting every note i just wont loud and rly deep bass

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 259
so right now its down to:

HD3-$330 plus shipping ($20)(incase i get a better amp in the furture)
Bl loaded-$330(incase i get a better amp in the furture)
Bl w/ pole chamfer and flatwind coils-$290

Bl has free shipping

which would sound the deepest and work best getting 1000rms

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3061
if you get a bigger amp in the future your going to need electiral upgrades witch will probly be around 500$ total so keep that in mind.

but if you really think youll be upgrading amps at some point get the HD3.

if not i still say get the SSD it will be louder then the BL on the power your giving it. and if you do get the BL you dont need the flat wind coil.

because you have an extended cab truck you should see about putting 2 10s instead of 1 12. in that case 2 audioque sd 2.5s

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 260
i only have the room for 1 sub so im getting a 12". i plan on getting a 200amp altinator in the near future. so for now should i get the bl loaded or the Hd3

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 261
by the way if i got 2 Sd2.5 10" would that be louder then one Hd3 12" running at 1000rms. which would have the deeper notes that you can feel

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3064
probly the 2 SD 10s because they have more cone area then the 12 so they will move more air.

are you building a ported box or sealed?

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 262
its ported. its the box shown above like half way up the page. if that isnt good for 2 sub i can change but i would make something like that. would the 2 10's still go as deep as the 12" and would you be able to FEEL the bass

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3070
yeah youll feel the bass and they will hit low, a box like the one above would be good but it would need to be a little bigger for 2 subs

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 889
with that low of power hd3 is out its between the ssd and sd2.5 I'd go ssd for u but if u wanted deep notes nice sub that in the futurd will get loud put the hd3 on 4,000 watts and it will get hella louder then all ur subs u listed

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 263
if i got 2 12" Sd2.5's how big should the box be? would that be better then 1 Hd3 running of my 1000rms

Silver Member

Earthquake Amp

Post Number: 264
so 2 12" SD2.5's or one 12" HD3

my system puts out 1000rms

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3078
the 2 12s will be louder
« Previous Thread Next Thread »