Too many options. need help.

Bronze Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 88
whats up guys. its been a long time since i have posted on here. i am looking to do a new setup for my 2006 gmc sierra reg cab. here is the box i have picked out.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3684

i have a power acoustic a 2400db that i plan on running my subs. but i just cant decide. i have narrowed it down to three subs.
1. re se 10
2. type r 10
3. Eclipse SW7104DVC-T4

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3301
Personally I would take the dimensions off the site and build your own box if you could. $130 is alot to drop on $40 worth of material. But some guys need to take the quick/easy route.

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 161
You'd better make di½mn sure that the subwoofers your considering for the enclosure are going to fit mounting depth wise.

You don't have alot of room behind the seats plus you need to allow for the clearance from the subwoofer to the back of the seat.

And if you build the enclosure entirely with 3/4" material, you'll find out what room your left with for fitting the subwoofer ain't squat.

So, if you want to avoid headache's:

Measure the max area behind the seats.

Allow for subwoofer clearance.

Determine the volume you have and then go shopping for a subwoofer that will work for that design.

I just got done building a shipping an enclosure to a customer for a 02' GMC Sierra for a DD 3512 ported and it barely and I mean it " barely " just fit depth wise, but that's because I used 1/2" MDF for the Back Panel and the rest of the enclosure was 3/4" MDF - Braced.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 89
yeah thats a good idea. i have made a couple boxesin the past for friends, but for some reason i never considered making my own.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 90
damn. how much did u charge him for the box? did you get to hear it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Box cost him $ 215.00 plus shipping.

Nope, I'm in Pa and it was shipped to Dallas, TX.

Box was designed to DD spec's per the DD's website Enclosure Info for single 12" ported.

Bronze Member

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 91
what is their website?

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
DD website?

http://www.ddaudio.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums