Component help from jonathan, glass, maris, or anyone else

Username: Stick1

Post Number: 8
I currently have an Alpine SPR-176a component set and I'm looking to upgrade. The amp for the set is an Alpine mrv450?(unsure of the model number, but it is 50x4). I also have 2 Alpine TypeR 10s, and 1 TypeR 12. I want to step up in the component set. I've been searching the forum for two days straight and I'm no closer to a decision, so I need some adive. I listen primarily to metal in mp3 format. I think I have it narrowed down to a few so hear they are:

Focal 165v2
CDT ES-610
Diamond S600a
JL XR653
DLS (not sure which model, still looking)

I have 300-400 to spend and I would prefer to use the amp I have. I'm open to suggestions and would really appreciate some help. I'm looking for more midrange from the doors.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1480
For comments from Johnathan and Glasswolf, you need to post at www.caraudiocentral.net. They do not post here anymore.

So you listen to metal in MP3 format?

Well then you need a loud setup, or at least you want a mid that screams. This means that it is loud in the upper midrange.

CDT, which is Vifa, are probably your best choice for loud screamy mids. I have used Vifa in home systems and they have a rock and roll response.

The others are also great choices, but you need to have all of them side by side to see which one is actually better in your opinion.

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the quick response. I was actually leaning toward CDT. The ES610 listed on wooferetc seem to be last years model. How does the ES (eurosport?) compare to the CL-61-560?

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1430
the new ES aren't fully out so you'll have to wait. If you can not wait i'd go for the HD series with upgraded parts. I can get you either but I think the ES(especially the new) will be out of your price range. The new ones are orange and have a black cone. The ES and CL are no where near the same. But PM me if you have questions on CDT, i'm a dealer for them.

Post Number: 10
Alter, I sent you a PM. Not sure how that works though.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1432
got it and replied, post if you did or didn't get it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I got your message. Thank you very much, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I now have some more to think about. I will get in touch if I decide to go with CDT. Thanks again.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Atomic ...

Post Number: 10614
can give u a input on DLS ps6 comps - IMO not very loud but very clean/smooth/detailed .....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us