Presets wont stay

Username: Lwgipson

Post Number: 1
Hello,
Im not very technical, so bear with me. I have an XM ready Pioneer head unit hooked up. Later I added the little box that you put in the trunk and set the antenna outside the vehicle. My problem is the XM radio on the head unit wont keep the presets. The regualr FM radio will, but not XM. The installation was a fairly simple setup, but I cant figure out how to make the presets stick. Any help thoughts on what might be wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Luke

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 365
I'm guessing you hooked the power wire from the "little XM box" to an accessory lead instead of a constant power lead...I had this problem with my old Alpine and Sirius...when it was wired into the constant power just like the HU it still had a little lag time where the ignition would reset it (I know it sounds strange)...so I rewired it into the ignition wire and it fixed the problem right away

Username: Lwgipson

Post Number: 2
You're right about what happened. It was wired wrong. I had it going to a red wire that I guess was just a main power wire instead of a constant wire. So, I tried the yellow one and it worked. Thanks for the help.

Luke
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us