Need help mounting amp....

Username: O211stud

Post Number: 1
i have a 2002 dodge ram extended cab, i bought a custom box that fits underneath the rear seat... and have a 1200 watt amp but my problem is i dont know a good place to mount my amp, because the box leaves absolutely no space under the seat... Please someone help me..

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1873
Cut a hole in the floor for it. Build a weather tite box, resen the heck out of it. Paint the outside with bed liner stuff.

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: King33

Post Number: 28
Dats a little complicated there holmes.Does it not fit under the front seat?

Username: O211stud

Post Number: 2
it fits long way under the front seat but it wont go far enough to protect the connections.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1878
Hey, If car audio was easy, Sony would be doing it. Cant you find a place on the back wall, side wall, ceiling? on the pillar post? Back of the seat? Find a spot that it will fit and wire, then figure out how to mount it there. If its an extended cab, that means rear seats? What about in the middle of the seat back, on the back part. Search some install pics at carstereo.com for ideas.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeromebaker

Post Number: 60
It's a bigass amp if it won't fit under the seat of an extended cab ram. If I was gonna put an amp outside the truck it'd be in the bed preferably with a shell, it'd never get hot like that.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 363
Mount it on the wall behind the back seat...there's probably more room back there than you realize...I have 2 amps mounted with no problem behind the rear seat of my 2001 Silverado Xcab and even have room for a 3rd if I so desired....not to mention it makes it more difficult to see and steal (unless the thiefs have lots of time to remove the seat itself)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us