(2)DD9515 BOX BUILDING....9515 OWNERS!!!!HELP !!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1229
I just ordered the the 2 9515's and i am guessing they should come in no later then the middle of the month or so, i only really have time to mess around with stuff on the weekends so thats only a few days.. I want to start building the box now and i am trying to figure out a good size for each sub..... Does anyone know the displacment of the DD9515, and how big a box would be good, its going to be sorta hard for me to not loose a seat building anyhting bigger then 4ft each.. but i might be able to get 4.5cu if thats good? And would 6 inchs from the rear be far enough away from it? And how would 40Hz sound? The tech at DD told me that my ride would basically tune the box lower so they dont recommend tuning it lower then 40Hz.. Help? Qustions? Tips? Looking for SPL that sounds good..will have 6K to mess with..

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 31
The tech is correct.The displacement is .23 per 9515.
They will like 4-4.5 net cubes tuned to 40Hz. Six inches from the rear should be ok.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1206
u will like. i love the 9512s. thinkn bout havin em made into 15s if i get a SUV.
You talkd to a diff. tech than i did. I told the guy i like it to hit real low, and he told me to to go ahead and make it 35hz. I've had a box at like 42hz, and a box at about 31-32hz and theres no comparison in the way they sound. If i was you i'd tune around 35. Whats it goin in and how much power?

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1207
bump...piece of sh!t.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 222
6kw wow that's gonna need a really beefed up charging system. BTW killa what amp are you using on those?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1230
Alright here is the plan....

at the moment im thinking of buying

1 more EarthquakePHD5000D amp
4 Kinitik 2400's
1 300A H\O

I already have one PHD5000 but i want to make sure i like how it sounds before buying a new one, if i dont like it ill sell this one i have now.. or just use it to blow out old subs..

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1231
1999 Chevy Blazer LT 4door btw, and the tech said the car would tune the box down, and it would mass load the subs... thats why i was wondering about tuning it lower then 40hz...

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 225
Is that alt the largest one you could find for that car? I have a 94 Blazer and the biggest alt I could find for mine is the 300 amp from Iraggi.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1233
Yes largest Direct Blot IN, i can have others customly made higher then 300A, but to make for an easy install 300A is the best... i might ned up doing a 2nd if i can ever find the help to do it., then i would try for 500-600A H\O

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1234
Ok.. so this is what i am thinking... i make the box 9.46cu, + the tuning board displacment.. and give the port area 72in" for each sub, but when i build this box i am building them in seperate cabins, each individually tuned, just in one big box.. both firing to the rear

16in port area per each cu. volume
16inch long tuning board

does that sound like 40Hz tuning?

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1235
btw thats 4.5cu each sub

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1236
Ok, this is what i came up with..... 35.5x15x32 (interior volume) and with the wood volume added, add 2 inchs to each of those numbers. But with the interior volume and the dividing board to divide the cabins and the subdisplacement\prot displacement i get 9.07cu, so thats 4.535cu per sub with a port depth of 16in. and a port area of 72.56in per each sub. would that be tuned to 40hz correctly? how would that sound..its taking me forever to get it as close to 4.5 perfectly.. thats the best i could do... btw when measureing and subtracting displacments and all, i dont subtract the port hole volume, just the wood that is making it right? and how would it sound with the port holes at the bottom of the box going across, it would be a pain to fit them in the center with the limited width and 15's....to get that port area and port depth

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1208
i think you subtract the port volume as a whole man. not jus the boards. Im tellin ya tho, 35hz would b alot better daily.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1238
well i aint the best at building boxes give me help..... i have 38in wide, 17inch tall, and 33inch deep available..... 9ftcu. tuned to 35... or 40 i dont care.. just give me help lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Killa:
Tell me which way you want the subs and port to fire and I will design a box for you. I would go subs up and port to the rear. What is the distance between the rear panel and the box if I use the 38" depth figure.

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1243
The max distance's.... 38 wide, 39deep(no room to rear gat, so subtract distance you need...) and about 17In tall... i want 40Hz.. i wil be using 1inch thick cedar, and want it to be a total distance of 38 wide, so 36in interior

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Check your e-mail

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1244
DJ, the email you sent back after me replying looks like it had some problem, it just shows some sort of coding or somthing, can you send it again? My email froze trying to reply(i have email setup on a remote computer at work) and im downloading, so email sorta screwy..

Gold Member

IL Afghanistan,...

Post Number: 1252
Thread Closed.

Thanks DJ!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us