Anyone have these?

Gold Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 1681
I know it's offtopic, but I just went out and purchased these Sylvania Silverstar HID bulbs. I bought them for my new car because I wanted the headlights a different color. I don't like the yellowish look on new cars so I bought these hoping to get the white look. I had the Sylvania Cool Blue ones and they sucked. Wasn't much difference than the stock halogen. Anyone have any experience with them and are they really worth the price?

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1920
those oness should be the better ones. tell us how it is.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5920
What's the brightness on it? If it's 3000K - 4000K then you don't notice much difference. Mine was 7500K and at night, it gives you cool blueish white.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 319
I have a pair. They seem to be a little brighter and less yellow, but I don't know that they are worth $40. I like them though...a lot better than any other bulbs like them.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1174
my mom has them and they look no different

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1022
i have the ultra ones (best one i guess). got the gold tip. $25 shipped on eBay from stock i noticed a huge difference. its a hyper white type color. real bright. looks cool on snow...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1682
what wattage are they supposed to be? I've been reading and high watt bulbs tend to burn up the wiring harness and cause big problems. These are rated 65/55 watts. Is this normal? I don't want to do any damage. BTW, my car is 2007 saturn ion

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1025
idk specifics but i'm pretty sure they're the same wattage as stock. i've had them for probably 4 months now with no problem

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1683
alrite, thanks man

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15 Inch Wanger Club Pr..., Il

Post Number: 783
i got (stole) the xenons from wal mart... they are bright but doesnt cover a large area.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3244
I had the blue lights in my truck and it failed inspection. Jersey sucks. Dude was like "You fail because of the illegal accessories". I didn't realize I was "breaking the law".
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

15 Wanger Premier Member, FL

Post Number: 379
i had those exact one, they were sad. the ones i got a pep boys for the same price where far brighter. i would skip on those if i were you.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1684
I put them in and was deff not satisfied with them. I hardly noticed ANY difference from stock, so I took them back out and got a refund

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

15 Wanger Premier Member, FL

Post Number: 385
told ya

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1048
the lamp itself is what makes or breaks it. kinda like the install for a sub...

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 1685
^^my car is only 2 weeks old......2007 model

Bronze Member
Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 58
Well those are not HID bulbs, HID is completely different from a halogen set up and requires ballasts and projectors for the bulbs.

Silverstars aren't "brighter" than stock bulbs, just a little more white. I had a set and when I saw advance auto parts started carrying Hella brand zenon bulbs I got a set of those.

My headlight housings suck, but the Hella's made a big difference in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 259
I have the Sylvanina S/U 9006, and they are an enormous improvement from the stock lights. I have no idea about the intensity that they discharge at, but I do know that they are bright as hell. I paid $25 shipped from a guy on ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 226
Sylvania makes good lights. I have a set of their headlights in my truck, which has the old style lights where there is no bulb, you replace the whole headlight. Anyways, they are much brighter than the lights that my truck came with. Every time I drive at night at least a few people flash their lights at me cause they think my high-beams are on.

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 215
I know a kid who put Silverstar's in his cobalt ss and they were a lot brighter than my friends stock G5 gt (same car pretty much)....idk if theyre were the HID or what but they were comparable to one kid's mom's newer mdx. Pretty good for 40 dollar bulbs in a chevy if ya ask me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us