OT: Help, I'm being scammed

Silver Member
Username: Buddyleee5

Post Number: 377
I bought a pair of headrest monitors off caraudio.com last week from a seller who advertised them as brand new. I recieved them and the housing of the monitor was severely damaged. I told him that it was damaged and he refuses to refund the money, so i filed a claim with paypal, which was denied because it said, "we don't deal with the quality of products, only the non-shipment of items." So i have been denied on that, but i called mastercard and i cancelled payment to him, but i'm not sure if that is going to work becuase he said payment has already cleared. Is there anything else i can do? I feel as though im getting the short end of the stick and being put into a corner after paypal denied my claim. Thanks for any help provided

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

U.S.A.

Post Number: 442
You could find him and beat his @ss.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1865
Basicly no. Buyer beware and all that. could take em to small claims. If you want to fly to his state. file pappers, go back 2-3 times for court, and again, you may not win case. chaulk it up as a life experiance and su ck it up. Sorry you got screwed. try reselling as used and recomp some mony?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 987
yeah sorry to say but marc is right

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2976
try blaming it on shipping, even though that may not be the case. just flame him on ca.com and try to get it repaired or something

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3236
that sucks man...sorry to hear that...good luck tho, hope it works out somehow for you

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1168
I agree with Mat Dope... Flame his a*s!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5919
Complain to caraudio.com about that seller. It is in their best interest to help you or ban that crook.
If your mastercard is any good, they can reverse the charges, even if it's cleared. That's where banks are much much better than paypal. In fact, just about anything is better than paypal. I never use their bs "guarantee" crap.
Do you guys have purchase protection with your credit cards? Here in Canada it's free with most cards. It is one of the best. If you accidentally break/lose or get it stolen, they will replace it free. No insurance premiums to pay either.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 884
He falsely advertised them as being new, and they obvisouly were not new he cannot do that, it is illegal. I bet ya didnt know that police are actualyl trained to do online scam stuff. The reason I know is because my Dad is RCMP and he deals with stuff, rarely, once in a while with ebay and he has to learn about it then teach classes on it and they have shut some people down and made them pay fines/jail time.

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 806
I thought you bought them and they didn't fit in your headrest so you were selling them?

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
thats what the seller is claiming becaue thats what i told him. I dropped off just my headrests to the installer and he got them confused with anotehr pair of headrests he had, he called me and told me they didnt fit, i got a second opinion and they do fit.

Mike where can i get some info on wehre to report him? i know it is illegal and i am going to do everything i can to get my money back and him into trouble. I am going throguh mastercard and that is in the works, i have flamed his for sale thread and posted in the buyer/seller feed back section on ca.com i can' think of anything else. It is over $250 so i'm not gonna fly to pa and back jsut for $250 i'll just resell them and take a loss rather then wasting the money flying down there.
my options seem to be going down as the days go by, it should be this easy for someone to scam you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
thats what the seller is claiming becaue thats what i told him. I dropped off just my headrests to the installer and he got them confused with anotehr pair of headrests he had, he called me and told me they didnt fit, i got a second opinion and they do fit.

Mike where can i get some info on wehre to report him? i know it is illegal and i am going to do everything i can to get my money back and him into trouble. I am going throguh mastercard and that is in the works, i have flamed his for sale thread and posted in the buyer/seller feed back section on ca.com i can' think of anything else. It is over $250 so i'm not gonna fly to pa and back jsut for $250 i'll just resell them and take a loss rather then wasting the money flying down there.
my options seem to be going down as the days go by, it shouldn't be this easy for someone to scam you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 380
didnt bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us