15" Fi SSD vs. 2 12" Kicker comp

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

Post Number: 189
Hey guys,

I was wondering what sub(s) would be better in the SQ and loudness catagories, also just let me know of the better overall sub.

I know this is a noob way of puting it, but the kickers are the ones with the yellow swoosh mark with some grey on them, I think they run for about $75 a piece.

The Fi SSD 15" costs $209.00 shipped from the website.

They will be going the back of a Blazer.

Thanks for your help.
KO

Gold Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1034
dude why would you even put the two in the same sentence. comps are the worst kicker subs you can buy and ssd's are 20 times better then them in every category, sound quality, spl, build quality, and looks and wangingness! haha go with the SSD and have fun.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 482
How much power are you planning on running? But the SSD is a much better sub than the kicker comp. So SSD FTW.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3233
ssd...enough said

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1169
^ x4

Silver Member

Post Number: 190
Does kicker make any circular sub better than the Fi SSD? Im not sure what kind my friend has, but I know they are round, and hes running them at about 1000 RMS.

Would the Fi SSD be louder even though I only have an 800 Rms amp?

To be honest, this was a thread to see if my friends subs would be better than mine. I wanted to stay bias to make sure I got the best answers, I got what I expected, and might just print this out to show it to him to shut him up .

Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2888
the cvx is probally about the same as a ssd, but the comps suck, i used to have 2 12's ported and my 1 15 atlas sealed blows them away.

Silver Member

Post Number: 191
I see. So basicly I would blow them away with my Fi SSD (800 RMS) even if he is running them at 200 RMS more (1000)?

And I know the SQ on teh Fi's would blow them out of the water.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2890
yep, build a good box and the comps stand no chnace.

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
Alright. What kind of box would you guys recomend to get the most SQ and Loudness? I know these are separate topics, but I want to try and not make thread after thread.

Cubes...?

Dimensions...?

Thanks again.
KO

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 543
for an SSD like 4 cubic feet would be ideal, tuned to 33hz or so. awesome sub choice tho, u'll love it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 193
Alright, so what they say on their site seems to be correct.

What about dimensions?

Im figuring like 22x17x16...but more exact measurements would be great since this is just a rough estimate.

Thanks again.
KO

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2893
using those measurements i get about 2.5cf after displacement, thats way to small for a 15ported.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Yea, like I said they were very rough. Can somebody give me some more accurate dimensions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us